Microwave has gone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
simonali said:
Sounds to me like MrG knows what he's doing and I'd do the same.

It's a free country.

During my career I was a Corp Member of the Institution of Occ Safety & Health and did a small bit of study on microwaves during the examination process so just felt compelled to point out the dangers of messing with such machines.

All may well be quite safe. However, as has been pointed out, these machines can be so cheap that I personally wouldn't think it worth the risk of opening them and putting them together again. That said, I'm the sort who ends up with a dish of 'extra' parts every time I take something apart and put it 'together' again!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A leaky microwave might theoretically lead to a genetic mutation, and any subsequent offspring might have a physical characterisitc (e.g. opposable big toes, functional nipples on a male) that could prove greatly advantageous to humankind. So go ahead, change that fuse! :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
Just in case you do fuck up when your putting it back together, I would avoid looking in through the door while it is switched on as apparently you don't feel your eyes cooking until it is much too late.

simonali

Guru
No-one seems to be able to see that removing the case of a microwave does not require the removal of the door. This means that it will be as leaky, or not, as it was before you took it apart, so if it's gonna cook your 4 balls it would've done it anyway!

biking_fox

Guru
Changing the fuse in a plug will not in any way effect any safety issues surrounding a "leaks" from microwave. It is a perfectly reasonable, cheap, ethical, and sensible thing to do. Fuses do just fail after sufficient use.

Should the new fuse blow immidiately then a more considered aproach to replacement vs repair may be required.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
biking_fox said:
Changing the fuse in a plug will not in any way effect any safety issues surrounding a "leaks" from microwave. It is a perfectly reasonable, cheap, ethical, and sensible thing to do. Fuses do just fail after sufficient use.

Should the new fuse blow immidiately then a more considered aproach to replacement vs repair may be required.

exactly my friend, fuse has now been replaced and all is well, working fine, the front door was not removed, just the back cover which gives access easily to all the parts apart from the magnatron which is behind yet another cover. Speaking with helpful lady in repair shop, she told me that fuse blowing is quite common, opening the door before its finished, sticking metal substances inside as well ;) All of these cause surges in current, which will cause the fuse to blow.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
simonali said:
No-one seems to be able to see that removing the case of a microwave does not require the removal of the door. This means that it will be as leaky, or not, as it was before you took it apart, so if it's gonna cook your 4 balls it would've done it anyway!

it can cook my nads all it likes, it will just make doubly sure the surgeon did the job right last year ;)

domtyler

Über Member
MrGrumpy said:
it can cook my nads all it likes, it will just make doubly sure the surgeon did the job right last year :ohmy:

Microwaves cook from the inside out, it will start by cooking your internal organs, heart, lungs, pancreas.

Liver, kidneys, brain.

The lining of your stomach will start to break down and the acid it contains will flow out into your internal body cavity and start to dissolve the simmering organs in their own juices.

A chain reaction will ensue leading to massive disintegration of all remaining soft tissues and bone. The only thing that won't go is the hair, nails and teeth which will be left in a steaming pile on the kitchen floor.

Enjoy yer tea matey! :ohmy:;)

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
the end is nigh then eh ! now wheres my tin foil hat.

Top Bottom