micturation and defecation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
(this carries on from the Cavendish and car thread)

Speaking as one who stops more frequently than most (although my new Specialized Toupe saddle seems to be helping) I wondered if there was a rule about stopping for a pee, or even for a dump? Is there a point at which the race commissaire says 'right boys, it's urine o'clock'.

I seem to recall that Lemond was pushed along while doing a number 2 many years ago. Was this a one off?

Are things more regimented these days? Colin Lewis ran in to a cafe for brandy on the day that Simpson died - and riders going through their home village were allowed to escape, kiss the wife at the garden gate and then rejoin the race. I presume that telly has done away with all of this, but I'd love to be wrong....

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I recall Sean Kelly being allowed a moment with his wife in the 1994 tour on the south downs- he may have nipped in to pinch a loaf while he was there?

Will1985

Über Member
A rider at the Giro this year was allowed to break clear coming into his home village and greet his family before being absorbed by the peloton.

The live airing of the Olympic road races showed lots of riders jumping off at a particular point to pee - the women all ran off to hide by the nearest tree!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There are pauses for a pee that I've seen from time to time, usually in mid race when it would be frowned upon to race but I suspect dumping is not made provision for.
In fact this sign was en route today;):biggrin:
DSCF0561.jpg

and this one

DSCN1796.jpg

jimboalee

dan_bo said:
I recall Sean Kelly being allowed a moment with his wife in the 1994 tour on the south downs- he may have nipped in to pinch a loaf while he was there?

Sean Yates.

Its a tradition when the race travels through a rider's home town.

jimboalee said:
Sean Yates.

Its a tradition when the race travels through a rider's home town.
And how long is the moment...:wacko::laugh:

mangaman

There's a charming passage in the (otherwise uninspiring) book

"A Significant Other" by Matt Randell

It describes Victor Hugo Pena's role as a domestique for Lance in 2003

On one of the key stages when Lance looked vulnerable, apparently Jan Ullrich had diarrhoea and err - didn't bother stopping - just finished the race somewhat soiled

The rest of the peloton gave him a wideish berth

U

User169

dellzeqq said:
I seem to recall that Lemond was pushed along while doing a number 2 many years ago. Was this a one off?

A one off I think since Lemond had pretty catastrophic diarrhea that day; Paul Kimmage describes it in his book.

Top Bottom