Mid ESSEX February Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BigonaBianchi said:
if somebody wants to be 'Tail end charlie'...someone with a map? That way if the group gets a bit spread out it's not a big issue. Or do you want me to ride at the back and shout out Directions?:biggrin:

If I can make it, and be in the peloton, I'd be happy to wear the lanterne rouge cos I haven't ridden a bike since the end of October I know the route seeing as it's on what was my back door!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
cool:becool:..you got the the jOb:smile:...now go and book yourself onto a walkie talkie management course;):biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
We have the walkie talkies for the boat but find we use them far more when cycling. Saves shouting at each other if you get stuck at a traffic light when the leader (who know the route) turns off just round the corner and you never see him again. I'll bring 'em along and if anyone else has some we could use extras. We all use them for Bikeability cycle training and they're very easy to manage!

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
We have the walkie talkies for the boat but find we use them far more when cycling. Saves shouting at each other if you get stuck at a traffic light when the leader (who know the route) turns off just round the corner and you never see him again. I'll bring 'em along and if anyone else has some we could use extras. We all use them for Bikeability cycle training and they're very easy to manage!

I could throw in another four walkie talkies. Two of them are Spiderman ones and the other two are Ben 10 ones............:laugh:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
ChrisKH said:
I could throw in another four walkie talkies. Two of them are Spiderman ones and the other two are Ben 10 ones............:blush:

Umm I am sure my boy has a couple of spiderman ones but I seem to recall the range on them is about 10 metres at best :laugh::biggrin:

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
....Spiderman walkie talkies....did you get those on the web?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
BigonaBianchi said:
..proper jobs...hmm.......but if you ever need a deck hand on that boat of yours on your next jolly around the caribbean .......:laugh::blush:
... the boat has been to the Caribbean and back on the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers but that's not our cup of tea, we just pootle around Essex and Suffolk which is hardly the same. Brown muddy water rather than crystal clear blue...

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Umm I am sure my boy has a couple of spiderman ones but I seem to recall the range on them is about 10 metres at best :laugh::blush:
I assume if these are all the 8-channel walkie talkies (possibly with the CTSS thingy that gives you more channels) then they should be OK. Range on ours is about a mile but if we've got split up by a mile on this ride we're doing something significantly wrong!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Auntie Helen said:
I assume if these are all the 8-channel walkie talkies (possibly with the CTSS thingy that gives you more channels) then they should be OK. Range on ours is about a mile but if we've got split up by a mile on this ride we're doing something significantly wrong!

No not as high tech as that. £2.99, 1 channel and at best the reception is "pants" I will not be bringing them :laugh:

Top Bottom