1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Middle class drinker?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 16 Oct 2007.

?
  1. Working class

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Middle class

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Who can down more, the swigging working class or the slurping middle class?

2. col

col Veteran

Im not sure if i can vote,four pints and im anybodies:smile: not much of a drinker,rarely partake.:ohmy:

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

The ones who think they are middle class. Keeping up with the Jones, too much time on their hands :ohmy:

4. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Wouldn't have a clue, old chap, from the echelons of the upper class myself! :ohmy:

Don't really know if the class difference determines which group drinks more. The choice of drink is probably different, but not necessarily the volume.

I can't afford to drink too much here, anyway; besides it's mostly that lager stuff! :biggrin:

5. The people I see slugging back can after can of Stella each day in Kentish Town don't seem to be working, ergo the answer must be the middle class.:ohmy:

6. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

The real answer is the French - the British can't handle drink whatsoever, no even the so-called 'hardened drinker'. The continentals know that it's not all a big race, and that drinking without food is a bit of a travesty that only exacerbates it. So, if a French man and an English man were to go for a night out, the French man will be far more likely to still be standing. Masculinity isn't measured by how much booze you can take - something that we need to learn.

7. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

This forum seems to be obsessed with defining class.

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Not this forum Ransos, it has been 'plastered' (:o) all over the papers and news for the past few days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7045830.stm

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i tend to differenciate the (traditional) working class from the non-working underclass of chavs and the like. i think they (the chavs) would probably win hands down. nice of us middle/working class folks to pay taxes for them to blow their benefits on booze eh?

10. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

It was just a general comment that we seem to be very keen on defining neat categories of social class that don't really exist.

Anyway, I've always found it amusing that the dinner party types look down on council estate cider swillers, when they themselves are knocking back several bottles of wine a week.

11. spire

spire To the point

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

13. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

hurray for the brown bottle!

14. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I can't vote in this one as I don't know how Working Class differs from Middle Class.

15. girofan

girofan New Member

:ohmy: 'Tetedelacourse'. Don't you know that everyone in the Working classes now considers themselves to be Middle class.
    Even raising their 'pinkies' when downing litre's of 'Snake Bite'. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: