Milan-Sanremo 2018 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Siclo

Veteran
Looking at Cav's crash again, that's horrendous, one of the worst I've seen for a long time. I'm not his biggest fan but I hope he's OK, I'll be amazed if he hasn't broke something serious.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
He already had some broken ribs. That crash isn’t going to have helped them with the healing process.

Siclo

Veteran
He already had some broken ribs. That crash isn’t going to have helped them with the healing process.

Yep, it's his pelvis and spine I'm concerned about, that's no way to part company from your steed. The divider he hit wasn't marshalled or highlighted at all, unsighted by the two riders who did just miss it, he didn't stand a chance :sad:

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
And where was Carl Sagan's "the show's more important than the win" mantra hiding today?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yep, it's his pelvis and spine I'm concerned about, that's no way to part company from your steed. The divider he hit wasn't marshalled or highlighted at all, unsighted by the two riders who did just miss it, he didn't stand a chance :sad:
It did look a bit of an odd island, coming just after the end of the roundabout entry/exit splitter one and with only a yellow marker (one of those giant water-filled ones?) at one end - the wrong end, as far as the race was concerned. Not sure why they'd not stuck a bale or something on one end.

Now, does anyone want to go look at past years and see if that island is new or changed?

Fight.The.Power

What a fantastic win for Nibbles. How he kept the Peloton behind him in last two km I’ll never know.

Awful crash for Cav. But could have been much worse.

Mike_P

Guru
http://africasteam.com/2018/03/17/update-mark-cavendish/

Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka can confirm that, thankfully, Mark Cavendish sustained no serious injury following a major crash within 10 kilometres of the finish of Milan-Sanremo on Saturday.

The 32-year-old fell heavily after striking a bollard and was immediately assisted by race medical personnel, after which he was taken to a local hospital.

Following medical imaging, it was determined that he avoided major injury in the incident.

He did sustain a new rib fracture (5th) on the same side as the one that he damaged in the opening stage of Tirreno-Adriatico (7th).

He also has bruising and abrasions consistent with the scale of the crash as well as a possible “ligamentous ankle injury” that will require further assessment once he returns home on Saturday.

The team would like to extend a big thanks to everybody who has sent messages of concern; and we will keep you updated as and when, should additional information become available.

Siclo

Veteran
Serious enough for most of us, the ankle will be from tearing his foot out of his shoe, he left it on the island

400bhp

Guru
Thank god cav is relatively ok. It looked much worse on tv.

Utter class from Nibs. I had a lump in my throat watching that. Utter respect for someone to go from 3k or so before the top of the poggio :notworthy:

Adam4868

Guru
Only got chance to watch that late last night,class ride by Nibali.The rest of the bunch took their eye of the ball with him ! Too much looking at each other ?
Good ride by Ewan aswell for a second place.

Top Bottom