Milan-Sanremo 2018 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Only got chance to watch that late last night,class ride by Nibali.The rest of the bunch took their eye of the ball with him ! Too much looking at each other ?
Good ride by Ewan aswell for a second place.
I don’t think this was as much a mistake by the bunch as a game theory masterclass from Nibali. The INRNG post-match used the word Zugzwang, which I’ve never heard before but described the situation in the chasing group perfectly.

I’d love to know whether NIbali’s decision to go was purely instinctive or more calculated.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don’t think this was as much a mistake by the bunch as a game theory masterclass from Nibali. The INRNG post-match used the word Zugzwang, which I’ve never heard before but described the situation in the chasing group perfectly.

I’d love to know whether NIbali’s decision to go was purely instinctive or more calculated.
I shall try to use that in conversation!

The commentator suggested that the other 3 (?) Bahrain riders blocked the chase for a vital few seconds, and plus the usual hesitation where no-one wants to commit zugzwang...

I have never been a huge fan of Nibbles but that has now changed. I agree with Adam^^, that was pure class. Tactically astute, perfect timing. I heard years ago that if you have a 10 second lead over the top of the Poggio, you can win. I never thought this would be possible with a fast peloton bearing down. Very glad to have been proven wrong and to have now seen it.
What were the others thinking? He was leading out for Colbrelli?
Brilliant.
Must look up zugzwang!

grellboy

Über Member
Mate at work showed me a screenshot of his friend's betting slip today. Apparently this fella doesn't know much about cycling but he thought Vincenzo Nibali was wall worth 4 quid at....150 to 1!!!!! Bookies really don't know much about cycling do they. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't see the evidence myself.

cofidis have pulled boohoohani from the race stating he hasn't recovered from bronchitis

Top Bottom