Mildly moist down on the coast....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Currently down in the holiday-camp-fest that is Dawlish warren. Got the timing of the days weather spectacularly wrong as now the wind has dropped, the sun’s come out and the tide also will be low. But this morning was quite a different story. All was well until we left the van and started walking, the first raindrops appeared and was pelting down by the time we reached the sea-front, the high tide meant sea-spray added to the moistness. After a while @Hill Wimp and the Whippet retreated and I carried-on along the sea wall towards Dawlish. Getting all the way was impossible without being swept away, but I went as far as I dared. Bracing stuff!!
Almost sodden I stopped for a pint on the way back leaving a significant puddle on the floor, and consumed a pasty from the Spar shop. In 16 weeks time the whole area will be heaving as the holiday machine cranks into life. Today it was all mine 😊

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
If it's any consolation, it's absolutely tipping it down here in Oxford. If I went over to Port Meadow, I'd be on my own......but I'd need a set of waders or a boat as it is a tad wet. Enjoy Dawlish.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Waves :hello: from across the estuary.. And along east a little bit.

It's all blue skies, and golden sunshine on this side of the water..

Oh, OK this was actually Sunday, but you could have timed your visit a little better :rolleyes:

Sure it's very bracing all the same, I love that train trip.. When the weather is nicerer.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Currently down in the holiday-camp-fest that is Dawlish warren. Got the timing of the days weather spectacularly wrong as now the wind has dropped, the sun’s come out and the tide also will be low. But this morning was quite a different story. All was well until we left the van and started walking, the first raindrops appeared and was pelting down by the time we reached the sea-front, the high tide meant sea-spray added to the moistness. After a while @Hill Wimp and the Whippet retreated and I carried-on along the sea wall towards Dawlish. Getting all the way was impossible without being swept away, but I went as far as I dared. Bracing stuff!!
Almost sodden I stopped for a pint on the way back leaving a significant puddle on the floor, and consumed a pasty from the Spar shop. In 16 weeks time the whole area will be heaving as the holiday machine cranks into life. Today it was all mine 😊

View attachment 497022

View attachment 497023

View attachment 497024

View attachment 497025
One of my favourite holiday places, started off as a kid going to self catering flats in dawlish then moved over to the warren .Kids love welcome holiday park and we are there next year .

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It's been 35+ years since I was down there. We used to stay at a camp site called Cofton Farm.

I loved that walk down the sea front from Starcross to Dawlish

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Waves :hello: from across the estuary.. And along east a little bit.

It's all blue skies, and golden sunshine on this side of the water..

View attachment 497030

Oh, OK this was actually Sunday, but you could have timed your visit a little better :rolleyes:

Sure it's very bracing all the same, I love that train trip.. When the weather is nicerer.
Sunday was...

Attachments

• AA540379-4018-418B-B498-ACD523CAB48D.jpeg
    AA540379-4018-418B-B498-ACD523CAB48D.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 0F63E074-2FAA-4957-ABE7-247223488339.jpeg
    0F63E074-2FAA-4957-ABE7-247223488339.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom