mileage or kilometers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

OP = Me, nope I know what average means I only gave 2 examples as I can't exactly post someone else's tracking can I now

lejogger

Guru
Record appears to be just over 305 miles. It would suggest someone is cheating on endo though if it appears to be an "average"
317.9 in 12 hours. Andy Wilkinson (PSW) in 2012.

541 in 24 hours by the same fella the year before.

If you've seen the state of him trying to get off the bike at the end of the 24h it's very much something you do once or twice a season, not on average!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
OP = Me, nope I know what average means I only gave 2 examples as I can't exactly post someone else's tracking can I now

You are going to need to provide some more info if you wish to know if someone has been doing plausible rides. You say this person does an average of 300 miles, over what period? What spread of milage? What is the actual endo challenge?

317.9 in 12 hours. Andy Wilkinson (PSW) in 2012.

541 in 24 hours by the same fella the year before.

If you've seen the state of him trying to get off the bike at the end of the 24h it's very much something you do once or twice a season, not on average!

The difference is he didn't just ride it, he raced it.

Video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tix9iF3reSE

Were talking 253 miles in just under 13 hours yet in another workout its 8miles in 35mins there's just no sense in it
I'm not in the same league but I've done a 20mph sportive one day and a 13mph recovery ride the next; its sometimes good to have a gentle spin rather than seize up. Back to the original post I think the most I've done is 190miles but I've done a few 300miles over two days, so 253 is pretty feasible, some folk (and hats off to them) do 600km Audaxes.

VamP

Banned
I'm not in the same league but I've done a 20mph sportive one day and a 13mph recovery ride the next; its sometimes good to have a gentle spin rather than seize up. Back to the original post I think the most I've done is 190miles but I've done a few 300miles over two days, so 253 is pretty feasible, some folk (and hats off to them) do 600km Audaxes.

It can easily get even more extreme than that.

One day I can ride a 10 mile TT at cca 25mph, and the next go off-road and spend two hours on a 16 mile MTB race.

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

As I said I'm not about to post other peoples workings on here I just wondered if its a possible average or not sometimes I wish I'd never asked, its like talking to my dad I get a sermon for a simple answer lol

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
As I said I'm not about to post other peoples workings on here I just wondered if its a possible average or not sometimes I wish I'd never asked, its like talking to my dad I get a sermon for a simple answer lol

If you want a simple answer, how about providing a simple bit of information, i.e. what the challenge is!

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

OK so say the challenge is to do the most miles does that help you to answer whether 300miles is a plausible daily average?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
OK so say the challenge is to do the most miles does that help you to answer whether 300miles is a plausible daily average?

No, that does not help because you are still omitting the crucial information of what period of time the challenge runs for?

A 300 mile per day average for 5 days is a completely different thing to a 300 mile per day average for a year!

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

I give up, how to do I delete a post some people have to make things so difficult its beyond belief I'll stick to Google or answering my own questions I think that would be better

VamP

Banned
No, that does not help because you are still omitting the crucial information of what period of time the challenge runs for?

A 300 mile per day average for 5 days is a completely different thing to a 300 mile per day average for a year!

Which would equate 6 x around the world! Now there's a challenge :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I give up, how to do I delete a post some people have to make things so difficult its beyond belief I'll stick to Google or answering my own questions I think that would be better

LMAO, other people making things difficult? Are you kidding, you are the only one making things difficult, by failing to ask a simple question in a way that can be answered. As stated, your question can not be answered.

So I'm in a couple of challenges on endo' and even though I don't expect to be high in the rankings I was quite shocked when looking at what some of the top people do, averages of up to 300 miles a day

What do most people do, or is there some cheating going on...

Top Bottom