mileage or kilometers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

So I'm in a couple of challenges on endo' and even though I don't expect to be high in the rankings I was quite shocked when looking at what some of the top people do, averages of up to 300 miles a day

What do most people do, or is there some cheating going on...

The most miles I have ever done in 1 day is about 330 miles. With a bike that comes with a 1250cc engine, speeds would often exceed 90mph. Even so it would take a good chunk of my waking hours to cover this kind of distance. 300miles in 1 day....imo thats bollocks. Maybe a world record 24 hour endurance ride or something but not your average joe.

Im somewhat average but a keen cyclist. After work I will typically go for a 20 miler. Dont know what my average is but typical flat speed on a good surface is about 20mph on a good day. Most Ive done in 1 ride is just over 50 miles, far short of many on these forums.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Hard to say without seeing the rides, but it could be people cheating, or people with big gps errors, or gps recording their driving etc.

300 miles a day average is pretty crazy to imagine, 20mph for 15 hours a day on average :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The most miles I have ever done in 1 day is about 330 miles. With a bike that comes with a 1250cc engine, speeds would often exceed 90mph. Even so it would take a good chunk of my waking hours to cover this kind of distance. 300miles in 1 day....imo thats bollocks. Maybe a world record 24 hour endurance ride or something but not your average joe.

Im somewhat average but a keen cyclist. After work I will typically go for a 20 miler. Dont know what my average is but typical flat speed on a good surface is about 20mph on a good day. Most Ive done in 1 ride is just over 50 miles, far short of many on these forums.

LMFAO!

martint235

Dog on a bike
There are some people on here who can do over 300 miles in a day. The ones I know personally don't strike me as the ones who post on Endo though. I've done well over 200 a few times (including on consecutive days on the recent LEL) but I wouldn't be able to call it an average.

IIRC the 24hr endurance record is around 524 miles or something like that.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Record appears to be just over 305 miles. It would suggest someone is cheating on endo though if it appears to be an "average"

Depends on the challenge. It could be the average mileage per day for a couple of days, i.e. covering some mileage challenge in as little time as possible. Also note that is a 12 hour record, there are more than 12 hours in a day :smile: The 24 hour record is 541 miles.

screenman

Legendary Member
Depends on wind direction and hours ridden, well feasible distance. Not for me I hasten to add.

vickster

Legendary Member
Does it matter? Surely, these tools are to measure your progress. If you want to complete, TTs, races are the only way to do it on a levelish playing field. If you want big miles, get audaxing

Top Bottom