Milk shake mix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone recommend a good one?

I know you can buy ready made milkshakes but I have the impression that they are overpriced.

Seems more sensible to mix your own with your own milk.

But a lot of the mixes I see (and there aren't that many) seem to either have sugar as the primary ingredient or have milk powder (FFS) in the list of ingredients.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is this to drink at home, or to take out on rides and mix while you are out?

If it is to be consumed at home, why not just add the fruit of your choice to milk and blend it into a fruity, milky drink?

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4856456, member: 45"]Nesquik.[/QUOTE]

sugar powder!

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, CARRAGEENAN, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, SPICE. VITAMINS AND MINERALS: SODIUM ASCORBATE (VITAMIN C), FERRIC PYROPHOSPHATE (IRON), NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, COPPER GLUCONATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, BIOTIN.

per serving:
Sugars 11g

Last edited:
I use 1/2 pint of full milk with about the same plain yoghurt, blended with a banana (in pieces), and berries of your choice (raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants). Add more milk if you want it less smoothie-like.

Vegan1

I would not use dairy milk as studies have shown it's really not that good for you.

If you are talking about a recovery drink, then I'd recommend:

Handful of spinach or some brocolli, 3-4 bananas, tablespoon of oats, tablespoon of chia seeds, tablespoon of flaxseeds, 4-5 brazil nuts, and some soy milk blend it all up and drink - it's delicious.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
sugar powder!

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, CARRAGEENAN, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, SPICE. VITAMINS AND MINERALS: SODIUM ASCORBATE (VITAMIN C), FERRIC PYROPHOSPHATE (IRON), NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, COPPER GLUCONATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, BIOTIN.

per serving:
Sugars 11g
Yes. That was the culprit I had in mind. Tastes nice of course but not all it might seem.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Is this to drink at home, or to take out on rides and mix while you are out?

If it is to be consumed at home, why not just add the fruit of your choice to milk and blend it into a fruity, milky drink?
To drink at home after a ride as an alternative to opening a beer.
Don't have a mixer/processor at the moment after giving it away.

Top Bottom