Mind those autumn leaves!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
First time on the roadie for a while (I've had a problem with my hand, so been laying off a bit)... managed a comedy tumble this morning, on wet leaves, turning right from one small country lane into another! Slid gracefully on my side across the tarmac, hitting the grassy bank with resounding oof! still more or less 'seated' on the bike (though on my side)! Top marks to the couple out walking who came running to my aid, but apart from minor scrapage (both me and the bike) no lasting damage, thankfully. One broken mudguard, and holes in my (newish) waterproof, bib 3/4 and jersey...
So, watch those leaves, boys and girls! :tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
Ouch! :tongue:

Will bear it in mind tomorrow thanks.

Maybe you should have a beer to calm your nerves?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
longers said:
Ouch! :tongue:

Will bear it in mind tomorrow thanks.

Maybe you should have a beer to calm your nerves?
I wish... later on, but got an afternoon of 'stuff' to see to... (so why am I sat her? ...er...) :wacko:

Wolf04

Tough luck Fnaar. Nasty things those wet leaves. I nearly did the same this week but on grass cuttings left covering the road by the local council. Once their wet it's like ice. Felt the back wheel sliding from under me but it found some grip just in time.

graham56

Guru
Hope there is no damage to the road, my council tax will have to pay for that.:tongue:
On the serious side, hope your not to badly hurt Jez

Luckily accidents like that are few and Fnaar between.......

Sounds like the wrong kinds of leaves for your tyres. :tongue:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It was a bit leafy and slippy when I went out last night and leaves trying to lodge themselves in wheels :tongue:.

yenrod

Fnaar said:
First time on the roadie for a while (I've had a problem with my hand, so been laying off a bit)... managed a comedy tumble this morning, on wet leaves, turning right from one small country lane into another! Slid gracefully on my side across the tarmac, hitting the grassy bank with resounding oof! still more or less 'seated' on the bike (though on my side)! Top marks to the couple out walking who came running to my aid, but apart from minor scrapage (both me and the bike) no lasting damage, thankfully. One broken mudguard, and holes in my (newish) waterproof, bib 3/4 and jersey...
So, watch those leaves, boys and girls! :angry:

I remember when I miss-judged a pavement/road covered in leaves that was NEARLY painfull !

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
graham56 said:
Hope there is no damage to the road, my council tax will have to pay for that.:angry:
On the serious side, hope your not to badly hurt Jez
cheers graham, don't worry, I don't think the council tax will be going up cos of me :biggrin:

This mornings commute involved a lot of slip sliding on the leaves. One little stretch consisting of a blind sharp right, short but steep incline, then blind sharp left was not very nice at all! ;)

Top Bottom