Minecraft Game - what is the point ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hey phil. I think you build your own town, and world almost. My 12 year old grandson loves it. Personally I've never played it, but he has shown me.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Hey phil. I think you build your own town, and world almost. My 12 year old grandson loves it. Personally I've never played it, but he has shown me.

But it is just a bunch of blocks, so if you build stuff and dig up stuff and knock stuff down ........ then what.

It reminds me of the very early Doom or Wolfenstien 3D levels but with nothing to do.

Octet

Veteran
It's essentially an open world game, initially created as a survival where the goal was to collect resources, hunt food etc. and build a civilisation however with the introduction of recent mods and releases it has now evolved into this creative virtual world.

In terms of things to do, the whole idea is you start with nothing and then you work your way up collecting more and more valuable resources such as diamonds to develop your community.

It is something which works a lot better multiplayer than it does survival.... and yes, I do play it :biggrin:

It's a super game, far better than a lot of the mindless xbox crap. You can collaborate on making your own worlds, there are lots of add-ons, lots of servers people have set up with extensions to host games.

It's extremely inventive, limited only by imagination, like a digital lego.

Was voted game of the year recently.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
It's essentially an open world game, initially created as a survival where the goal was to collect resources, hunt food etc. and build a civilisation however with the introduction of recent mods and releases it has now evolved into this creative virtual world.

So what so I do apart from wandering around build stuff and knocking stuff down ?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That good hey. To be fair, my grandson was playing it on a tablet and i wasnt wearing my glasses. I couldn't see an awful lot. Its probably just as well..

TVC

This thread just reminded me, and I went to check. Second Life is still going. That was another one where I wandered about a bit, got bored and never went back.

Top Bottom