Minecraft Game - what is the point ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
And there was me thinking it was just an excuse for people to post youtube video's...
Whatever happened to running up and down the garden, building dens and stuff..

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Join some kind of online community and interact with others.

Well that will never catch on:headshake:

Jason.T

My 9 year old plays it for hours, he builds rugby pitches knocks them down and builds them again, don't get it myself but it keeps him happy

Octet

Veteran
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding.

You don't just build it up and knock it down, you develop communities and towns either in Creative (everything is given to you) or in Survival (you gather resources, such as wood to build a pick to collect stone which you upgrade with and then use to mine and build with other materials)

It is certainly a lot more creative than a lot of other games, in others the main objective is normally just to shoot and pass through the levels but with Minecraft it is a lot more social, it encourages team work etc and you simply grow your town/city/kingdom/world together.

Octet

Veteran
I've been tempted to download it but can't bring myself to do so. When I click on the screenshots it just looks so... dull

Do you enjoy adventure/roleplay games?

If yes then you might enjoy it but if not then I wouldn't bother.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
In to save the day,
Minecraft is a game which had developed and because instantly popular for a number of reasons.
This is a game that you really have to play to understand it. Its much like a crappy old plane in a hanger somewhere and you wont fall in love flying in it unless you do it.
The game is one not based on looks but usability. This game is one developed by a small company which has I would say one main reason to its success which is the ability to mod the game to its fullest extent. The game was created to serve as a foundation which will later be built on by the community. The community has become vast and sparse with just about every need accounted for. Mods have been created from the idea of the hunger games where you team up gather to surive and kill the other team. With the other side of the spectrum being able to create your own life in a community with economic dynamics and feel like you have acheived something. As you can see most desires can be catered for and Minecraft allows this.

Lasty this game while it holds a single player is very much dependent on its multiplier. As it allows you to play with friends and maybe not even friends to work to a common goal and achieve something. Even if its just to muck about its a game you can have fun on. It doesn't matter what it looks like or how it seems if you can have fun with friends and randomers its a game you will want to play again. The amount of times I have played it with people to create something then just to muck it up with fire and TNT is countless and every time as fun as the first.

There are more reasons but the list is rather long but I would argue these are the main points but I will also point out the yogscast! They did a lot for minecraft and practically sold it to the masses. They are the god parents or fairy godmothers of minecraft.
Although this game is not for all but this should serve to some bases as to why people like it. I got stopped playing after 2 weeks or so but I still enjoyed my time playing. If you can mod it, a nothing special game can be made into something amazing. Arma2( although great on its own) is testament to this thesis.

Top Bottom