Mini adventures - lockdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am on the home run of a cobbled-together light-tourer build and with some new Planet X front fork bag thingies to test was looking forward to some mini adventures close to London. Freecamping.

All off I assume for the duration of the new lockdown?

Slick

Guru
I suppose it depends as there is no limit to outdoor exercise so it depends on how creative you want to get.:okay:

Am on the home run of a cobbled-together light-tourer build and with some new Planet X front fork bag thingies to test was looking forward to some mini adventures close to London. Freecamping.

All off I assume for the duration of the new lockdown?

if the sites are close to home and you get into difficulties, pack up and go home, what’s the worst that can happen?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I too am planning mini trips. I am going to start ferreting out bridle ways and small country roads in my area to see if I can link places up without using the main roads. I was going to cycle from Oxfordshire to Kent this way before Christmas but that looks unlikely now.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I too am planning mini trips. I am going to start ferreting out bridle ways and small country roads in my area to see if I can link places up without using the main roads. I was going to cycle from Oxfordshire to Kent this way before Christmas but that looks unlikely now.
I assume you know cycle-travel? Excellent for such routes. It's amazing how few cars you can come across on the routes it snakes through our crowded island.

north or south of London? I reckon you could hit the canal system from close to Oxford and get most of the way across London before hitting anything like traffic plus mileage would be easy to suit your wild camping sites

let me know how you get on

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Thanks for the reply @Vantage would be interested in mailed feedback on your researched spot if your reccy looks promising.

Pam and I drove to the potential spot today. I'd seen it recommended on a wild camping blog/forum/or something. We must have looked in the wrong spot, couldn't get off the trail due to wired fencing along it and no flat looking spots that I could see.
Some shady looking chap followed us in there and was watching us, then followed us back out again. Stoney Bank Road off the A666 is a well known 'dogging' spot. :giggle:
We scarpered sharpish before anyone flashed their headlamps at us.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks for the report back vantage.

I'd always be wary of using any place posted on a forum/the open web.

Is it possible that the post on that forum was mischievous?

Things you discover on a bike.

I can offer you a mediterranian EU funded gay dogging spot I encountered in some aimless wandering on a day ride, or, more usefully maybe, if you should PM me:

A grass verge near a Norfolk dual carriageway

Another sliver of grass on a useful kinda dead end Norfolk Road

Wood near Brighton where you can fall asleep to the sound of gunshots.

New Forest Spot

Heath near the new forest.

All those I bivvied in apart from the dead end sliver where I had the luxury of a tent.

Top Bottom