mini dv md80 camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevo

stevo

g00se said:

Hi goose thanks for all the info, going to go out and buy the SD card you recommended and the helmet mount.
Going to be using this on my Yamaha xj600 divvy as well so will have to sort something out for my motorcycle helmet as well.
Had a look on you tube at a video which showed a diy mount in side of helmet but not keen on there idea as looks like it would be bad in accident,too close to temple of head and eye.
thanks ...Steve.:tongue:

Mark_Robson

Was that the mount made out of a piece of sharp looking sheet metal Steve?
There's another video with a velcro mount that fits near your chin that looks a little more sensible.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
Was that the mount made out of a piece of sharp looking sheet metal Steve?
There's another video with a velcro mount that fits near your chin that looks a little more sensible.

Yes that was the one i looked at the one you mention with Velcro sounds a lot better.
thanks for that i will try and find the video you mentioned MARK.;)

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

g00se

Veteran
There seems to be a number of MD80s types about if you google them. The cheapies (the one I have) are plastic with push buttons. Some are advertised more like the original muvi with an alloy body and slider switches (AAE's are like this).

Now, googling MD90, this seems to be an alloy one - but who knows. The difference sems to be more in the speed and quality of the picture and sound - and maybe it can takes stills according to one site. At that price with a card, and if it's shipped from the UK, it looks OK. If you get it, drop a review here.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
I got mine for a buy now price of £12.50 can't wait for it to arrive. :ohmy:

Hi mark got my camera today works perfect only took 3 days to arrive.
Be fitting it to bike at weekend.:biggrin:

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
Glad to here that Steve. Let us know how you get on. :smile:

Will do mark, i will upload a video when i have some test footage.
catch you later ...Steve.:rolleyes:

Mark_Robson

It looks very good cyberknight, although the angle looks a little high for cycling. I still can't get over what amazing value the clones are. I bought one of the mounts from Halfords, hopefully now that the skies are open again my clone will be arriving soon.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I can get it pointing down a bit more so it touches the helmet,it is all trial and error atm , i will try it on my commute tommorow and see how it goes.

Still got to get a hang of video editing (goes and presses random buttons on moviemaker );)

StuartG

slower but further
Just checkout the variant you are getting, the specs are slightly different but even the basic tenner clone 480 job (mine without card off ebay) is more than brilliant for the price - when you shave it to 420 to get rid of the date/time stamp.

I would recommend getting one without a card and being a bit more generous with what you spend on the card. That will make a difference! A genuine class 6 is best. A genuine class 4 may be sufficient but expect real problems with a class 2. IMHO the only way to ensure it is genuine card is to buy from a reputable retailer - not ebay!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On the way in worked out at 1.64 gb for 36 mins .

then on the way home i thought i had it on and managed to just record the 1st 10 seconds, i was not sure if it was on i think a case of RTFM :blush: and i managed to translate that the red light should flash when it records from this ..........

2. Power on to video

1) Press Power button slightly, Blue indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into startup ready mode, which can enter into standby mode quickly.
2) Press Record / Stop button slightly, Blue indicator light begins to bright, red indicator light starts to flash slowly. At this time, it begins to make a video. The resolution for video file is 720*480, and frame number is 29--30fps/S.
3) Then short press Record / Stop button, video is stopped and saved automatically. After saving the red indicator light remains light.
4) If you need to continue to video, please press Record / Stop button slightly once more.