mini dv md80 camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevo

stevo

cyberknight said:
I can get it pointing down a bit more so it touches the helmet,it is all trial and error atm , i will try it on my commute tommorow and see how it goes.

Still got to get a hang of video editing (goes and presses random buttons on moviemaker ):blush:

Hi cybernight looks pretty good video quality for a cheap camera.
Cant do any test footage on mine for a few weeks now as i broke my foot on friday, that also means no bike no car.
Anyway keep the videos coming as i will be bored for a few weeks now.:ohmy:

Mark_Robson

Never mind Steve just put your feet up, send your wife to the library and concentrate on getting a nice tan. :wacko:
Joking aside try and make the best of the time and it will go a lot faster than you think. I broke my collar bone four weeks ago and I thought that time would really drag and as it happens it's flown over. :sad:

g00se

Veteran
cyberknight said:
On the way in worked out at 1.64 gb for 36 mins .

then on the way home i thought i had it on and managed to just record the 1st 10 seconds, i was not sure if it was on i think a case of RTFM :evil: and i managed to translate that the red light should flash when it records from this ..........

Yup - power on with the power button. The lights come on. Press record and the red light flashes during recording.

I had a similar issue with the camera only recording a few seconds. It was down to the card being full. I thought I had deleted everything via a connected laptop but it turned out the deleted files were only placed in a hidden trash folder - so I had to delete that too. So check out to make sure how much space is available on the card.

OP
OP
stevo

stevo

Mark_Robson said:
Never mind Steve just put your feet up, send your wife to the library and concentrate on getting a nice tan. :troll:
Joking aside try and make the best of the time and it will go a lot faster than you think. I broke my collar bone four weeks ago and I thought that time would really drag and as it happens it's flown over. :evil:

Hi mark thanks i will, going to give bike a service and a good clean.
Watch a few cycling videos play a few games and get some sun.
You take it easy out there and be careful.....catch you later.
STEVE.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
having problems the maximum it has recorded is 20 minutes before shutting off.The length of time it records varies from a few seconds to 20 mins randomly

It has plenty of charge and memory.

I have contacted the vendor for a refund

cyberknight

How can i tell? the instructions are so odd...

on reading the instructions it only goes for 2 minutes in sound mode.

the instructions..

Press Power button slightly, yellow indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into startup ready mode, which can enter into standby mode quickly. At that time, press MODE button slightly, and then you can switch into sound control video mode. Now Blue indicator light always brights, red indicator light flash quickly (indicate sound control standby mode). When decibel of video is more than 60, then it will be video automatically. At the moment, Blue indicator light always brights, red indicator light flash slowly. (Indicate under sound control video)
[FONT=&quot]When sound control starts, the shortest shoot time is 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, if there is no any sound, D001 will save file automatically and switch into standby mode. If there still has sound [/FONT].

Does not help that i am colour blind .

Seems odd though both times it cut out after about 20 mins, on the way home i could hardly hear a thing myself as i was into a headwind and couldn't even hear cars coming.

g00se

Veteran
Hmm, Can you explain what you are doing to turn it on - what the lights do - and then how you record and what the lights do during that? I've got mine here and I'll do exactly the same, leaving it running on my desk, and see what happens.

cyberknight

switch on...
3 blue lights light close to record button flashes red 2 times.

press record

2 blue lights , light close to record button flashes slowly, started 19.48....

g00se

Veteran
switch on - blue light on, red light flashes twice. Blue light stays on.

press record - blue stays on, red (next to record button) starts flashing slowly. Started 19:54:50

g00se

Veteran
I'm up to 23 minutes USB charged. The USB cable that came with the camera is quite cheap - I'm using a better quality one that came with a Nikon camera. What size SD card was it you're using again?

g00se

Veteran
Still going here at 40 minutes here - what size SD card do you have? When you plug it into the PC, and right click on the drive - select properties and let me know the used space and free space.

Ta