Mini Pump, Co2, Both?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Only a rather poo Halfords mini pump on the road bike, which I keep intending to replace with a nice Lezyne one. Both the hybrid and mtb have full sized Zefal MT pumps .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just CO2 when on a long ride as I don't like the pump in my back pocket . Don't really want it on the bike .You can buy a control head that lets you control the flow of air .
I have a pump on the Defy but for the last few punctures ive used CO2 .

I have to agree with taking the used canisters home with you . I'm seeing more and more of them on the roads and it pisses me off !

Tom B

Guru
Just taking this slightly off piste but what storage arrangements do people have for their C02 inflators and cylinders?

I hate stuff on the downtube, under seat storage would be great but im not a fan of seat bags?

I usually carry a pack of self adhesive patches, tyre lever and weldite inflator in a pocket, or rucksack, but its not always the best.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have 'normal' pumps on 2 bikes, but I cant find one I like for my new bike, so I'm just on CO2 for now & had to use it last night for the first time. Got to admit that working shifts & commuting in darkness the CO2 pump is great. Got mine at Christmas, but not used until last night, guess I've been quite lucky :smile:

Lanzecki

Über Member
I also have a hybrid. Never failed me.

maltloaf

Mini Pump plus co2 for me.

I use the mini pump to get the first bit of air in the tyre to help refitting then co2 to get it up to pressure.

If I run out of co2, the mini pump is capable of 160psi. I've been over 100 with it it just takes a while..

I keep pondering these.

http://www.thinkbiologic.com/products/postpump-seatpost

BioLogic_PostPump_Person_Pumping-BFT-600h.jpg

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
+1 for always carrying both.
I use the mini pump to put a little amount of air into the tyre and then the co2 to fully inflate
^^^ this
Surprised how many people don't appear to know about this, makes it so much easier to put the tube in.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I went for co2 initially but didn't get on with them (I had a poor first success rate with repairs and was running big tubes which seemed to empty the canister fast.) I then carried a Lezyne mini pump for a while, can't remember which one, and ended up stranded after I screwed the valve trying to do a tube swap by the side of the road (and continued to fail with patches) the sit direct on the valve design didn't work for me in ham fisted & frustrated mode. I now have a Turbo Morph G which sits comfortably in my rucksack, has a gauge and a flexible tube to connect on to the valve. Nice and quick to use and the air being free appeals to my miserly nature. I seem to be getting better with patches, I think it's just a practice thing.

Whatever you go for, make sure it works while you're at home and not under stress before relying on it in the pouring rain on the side of a busy road.

Top Bottom