mini rechargable compressors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasinayr

Über Member
Has anyone got one of these, and so if do you carry it with you on runs
looks as if they would be good for mountain bike tyres if you had a puncture

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I don't have one, didn't know they even existed. But, your post sparked my interest (always a sucker for a gadget ;) ). Looked at a few on Amazon, numerous good reviews, although, they are cheaper on Ebay. Like yourself, be interested to see if anyone on this forum is actually using one. ;)

The fumpa ? Handy if you travel a lot with your bikes and haven't the space for a track pump but I think co2 would be cheaper and easier on bike rides.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
BoldonLad. I have also purchased one from Amazon, tried it on my mountain bike tyres yesterday seems pretty good, will see how it lasts

I bought this one off Ebay. £28.91.

It arrived today, Thursday, 15th October.

First impressions are favourable, ie it appears to be well made. Not too heavy, and, not too bulky, it will go in my backpack no problem. It comes with adaptors for Presta and Schraeder valves, plus another couple. It has a built-in torch. There is a neat little bag/pouch to carry it all in.

So far, my one complaint is, the size of the display, my 73 year old eyes can read the numbers OK, but, reading the units (psi, bar, etc) is a struggle!

The instructions. are, as with many Chinese products, in need of translation to true English, but, operation is simple enough, so, instructions not really needed.

It is currently charging (4 hours before first use, thereafter 2 hours, according to instructions).

We have a mixture of bicycles, ie 2 x hybrids with 700c 35 tyres, 2 x folders with 20" tyres and an Ecosmo tandem with 20" tyres.

I will report back when I have actually used it to inflate a tyre! ;)

Last edited:
I can see this being useful for people with hand and arm problems. All they need for roadside self sufficiency is an electric tyre lever.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have now had the opportunity to actually use my Ebay Mini Compressor.

Very happy with it.

Used it to inflate tyres on five bicycles (2 x hybrid, 2 x folder 1 x tandem).

Worked very well. Even the one point, ie thought may be a problem, for my 73 year old eyes (ie small size of screen for reading unit of measure), was not a problem, since each different unit is displayed at a different position.

Twilkes

Guru
I saw an advert for one of these, I'm sure it said it takes 3 minutes to inflate a tyre, is that right? Even with a mini-pump I can get a tyre up to a rideable pressure in about a minute so I'm not sure what the benefit of these units are. Didn't look particularly small either.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I saw an advert for one of these, I'm sure it said it takes 3 minutes to inflate a tyre, is that right? Even with a mini-pump I can get a tyre up to a rideable pressure in about a minute so I'm not sure what the benefit of these units are. Didn't look particularly small either.

Cannot say how long to inflate from flat, but, "topping up" from 59psi to 70psi, 700c hybrid bicycle tyre took only about 30 seconds.

I would agree, it is not as small, or light, as my mini-pump, but, it is a whole lot less effort.

IMHO. If weight and/or size is your major consideration, stick with the mini-pump.

The big advantages I see with this are:

- I can take with me on rides (in back pack)
- I can use it in place of my mains power (car) tyre pump, so, not fiddling about with cables
- I don't have a track pump, so, no need to buy one now
- At 73 years, sometimes, the old arms could do with a bit of help ;)

Handy for traveling ? No need for a track pump ? And yes rideable pressure is possible on mini pumps but I'd not want to do more than the one tyre. (cyclists arms)

Top Bottom