Minor races 2020 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, wants banning for the rest of the year. No excuse, he put a man's life in danger.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The doper is only putting his own life in danger. Actions like this can maim or kill someone. Make the penalty high. There's no excuse IMO.
That's not true: the doper is making others think they must dope to win, thereby endangering others. It's harm+fraud, so should carry a harsher penalty than this overt harm.

Adam4868

Guru
Just in case this is a reference to my original post you will see that I was not suggesting a life ban.
Wasn't really to you,your entitled to your opinion though.More the knee jerk reaction to him.I seem to remember Sagan doing similar with Cav.Touch wood it wasn't as serious as this.Still put him out of action though.Think I'll leave the nit picking of what sentence he gets till Jakobsen has hopefully made a recovery.Some slightly better news.

View: https://twitter.com/D_Ludwinski/status/1291103623406063616?s=19

Reactions: mjr

Tom B

Guru
I have seen the video of the incident and seen it discussed in a few places. My first thought was the barrier issue. That seems to be ignored elsewhere. Glad to see CC readers are thinking like me!

There was a similar issue with old fashioned piles of tyres forming tyre walls and tyre barriers in formula 1. Cars would hit them and be "grabbed" by the individual stacks of tyres. They then came up with what is basically a conveyor belt along the tyre wall that stops the cars snagging the stacks, contains the tyres and spreads the loading.

Perhaps a similar thing is needed here. You could print it with adverts nodoubt.

I ran the "apology" through Google Translate.... maybe it hasn't done a good job in translating and some nuances have been missed.

"I hate what happened yesterday. I can't find the words to describe how sorry I am for Fabio and others who have fallen or been hit.

At the moment, the health of Fabio is the most important thing. I think about him, constantly."

To me that sounds like someone who has watched it on TV but had nothing to do with what actually happened.

Top Bottom