Minor races 2020 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Tour d la Ain...not bad !
Screenshot_20200806-214814~2.png

Adam4868

Guru
Vlasov for Astana won today's race up Mont Ventoux.Did it in 53 mins and 23 seconds which makes it one of the fastest times.
Top twelve.
Screenshot_20200806-220804~2.png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I ran the "apology" through Google Translate.... maybe it hasn't done a good job in translating and some nuances have been missed.
It's interesting but in English I read that as "how sorry I am for {{Fabio and others} who {have fallen or been hit}}" but I read the Dutch as like "how sorry I am for {{Fabio} and {others who have fallen or been hit}}" but that could just be my wonky Dutch. Any real Dutch speakers around?

As he also crashed and the barrier failure had so much to do with it, there is of course the possibility he's not too sure of the full extent of events. Also, I bet the lawyers are already around and advising.

Adam4868

Guru
Ummm...how did your last 3 bets go, Adam?!
Best of four ?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thomas blown out the back on a climb in the Tour de L'Ain. Worrying for him ahead of the Tour. A chance for Froome?
Jumbo Visma doing a Sky/ineos

Adam4868

Guru
Watched the 3rd stage of the tour of Poland last night.Evenpoel took the stage win from 50k ish break.He really does look like he's in a league of his own !
Talking of Belgium's Van Aert is another who is looking unbeatable.Yesterday's Milan San Remo win to add to his Strade Bianchi is pretty unbelievable acheivment.Considering his nasty accident at the Tour last year which could have been career ending.Be good to see these two go head to head !

Adam4868

Guru
Reading reports, hadn't Froome already been dropped when Thomas went?

But when these guys are working as domestiques you never know how meaningful it is.
Bernal was pretty much on his own.He did well to hang on and take second to Roglic.You get the feeling this really is just a training ride for some ? I'm suprised Jumbo couldn't put some time on Bernal yesterday.

RobNewcastle

Bernal was pretty much on his own.He did well to hang on and take second to Roglic.You get the feeling this really is just a training ride for some ? I'm suprised Jumbo couldn't put some time on Bernal yesterday.

Roglic and Jumbo look very strong but they need to peak or be on point for the 3rd week of the tour. I’m not worried about Thomas, he knows how to peak and has won the tour. His form will come good in the coming weeks. I would like to think he goes a bit better today though. Bernal clearly showing some top form too. I’m not convinced Froome will go to the tour unless they think he can peak for the 3rd week and use his experience to help Bernal or Thomas. Ineos Has some real power but I’m not fully convinced of their climbing support yet compared to Jumbo.

Its great that Ineos has someone really challenging them, today will be very interesting.

Top Bottom