Minor races 2020 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Roglic and Jumbo look very strong but they need to peak or be on point for the 3rd week of the tour. I’m not worried about Thomas, he knows how to peak and has won the tour. His form will come good in the coming weeks. I would like to think he goes a bit better today though. Bernal clearly showing some top form too. I’m not convinced Froome will go to the tour unless they think he can peak for the 3rd week and use his experience to help Bernal or Thomas. Ineos Has some real power but I’m not fully convinced of their climbing support yet compared to Jumbo.

Its great that Ineos has someone really challenging them, today will be very interesting.
Agree although I think both teams will know where there at.Bernal showed how strong he is to hang on,although I do think Jumbo should of maybe made the most of him being on his own and attacked ? Like you say I wouldn't worry about Thomas he'll be up there,there's plenty more to help out... Kwiatowski is looking as though he's back to better form.Ineos only dilemma is who to pick !

RobNewcastle

Agree although I think both teams will know where there at.Bernal showed how strong he is to hang on,although I do think Jumbo should of maybe made the most of him being on his own and attacked ? Like you say I wouldn't worry about Thomas he'll be up there,there's plenty more to help out... Kwiatowski is looking as though he's back to better form.Ineos only dilemma is who to pick !

We might get more of an idea of form at the Dauphine where you have multiple hard mountain stages.

Aside from Bernal, Thomas and Rowe, Castroviejo, Sivakov are the only other shoe ins for me so far I’d say. Van Baarle surely has a great chance (and was awesome last year) as he is great on the flat and on climbs but if you take him and Kwiat that might leave them short higher up on the climbs. Amador seems likely with his experience.

I just can’t see Froome making the team unless he shows something today or at the Dauphine. Yes there’s nobody better at building into form and they’ll need his experience......maybe if it’s an altered role but who knows. Would be hilarious if he suddenly lit the touch paper at the Dauphine and turned ever on it’s head in terms of selection 😂

Adam4868

Guru
We might get more of an idea of form at the Dauphine where you have multiple hard mountain stages.

Aside from Bernal, Thomas and Rowe, Castroviejo, Sivakov are the only other shoe ins for me so far I’d say. Van Baarle surely has a great chance (and was awesome last year) as he is great on the flat and on climbs but if you take him and Kwiat that might leave them short higher up on the climbs. Amador seems likely with his experience.

I just can’t see Froome making the team unless he shows something today or at the Dauphine. Yes there’s nobody better at building into form and they’ll need his experience......maybe if it’s an altered role but who knows. Would be hilarious if he suddenly lit the touch paper at the Dauphine and turned ever on it’s head in terms of selection 😂
Yea would be nice...but the only scenario I can see for Froome doing that would be at the Tour....and can you see Brailsfords brain ticking over about that.:laugh:

Adam4868

Guru
Tour of Poland,Carapaz not starting today's stage due to injury from a crash also Standard out with dislocated shoulder.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just watched the Tour of Wallonie finish.
Cav had a decent lead out but blew it or bottled it. He's got zero chance of the Tour slot I suspect

I've just watched the Tour of Wallonie finish.
Cav had a decent lead out but blew it or bottled it. He's got zero chance of the Tour slot I suspect
He looked ok until his lead dropped off then he picked up someone's wheel but got muscled off fairly easily and then just knew he couldn't win. That's how I read it.

Adam4868

Guru
He looked ok until his lead dropped off then he picked up someone's wheel but got muscled off fairly easily and then just knew he couldn't win. That's how I read it.
I think his days of competing with the top tier sprinters are almost over.I do love Cav but he got spat out of that to easy today.

Adam4868

Guru
Giro dell’Emilia 2020 today.A Italian classic not on tv ☹️
Carapaz not started due to injury so I'm not to sure about the rumour of him taking Bernals place !
Fancy Vlasov for a win at this.

Adam4868

Guru
Happy days !
Screenshot_20200818-153714~2.png

Top Bottom