Minor races 2022 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran

So I am guessing this is on GCN after hearing excitable Hatch and dour Smith.

They don't appear to be showing much on Eurosport at the moment, my cynical head wonders if it is a way to get more GCN subscriptions?

Mike_P

Guru
So I am guessing this is on GCN after hearing excitable Hatch and dour Smith.

They don't appear to be showing much on Eurosport at the moment, my cynical head wonders if it is a way to get more GCN subscriptions?
That was always the selling point of GCN+, more races covered. I'm beginning
think its a Eurosport/GCN requirement that commentators are excitable commentators as if you hear Rob Hatch covering say the Winter Olympics for 5Live he is totally different and on the first stage of TdFF Marty McDonald was someone subdued initially until he presumably got the memo.

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
That was always the selling point of GCN+, more races covered.

Yes, obviously you are correct but I am not really a fan of TV subscriptions as I rarely watch TV. I reluctantly pay for Sky as my wife likes to watch TV a lot.

Personally I would rather be getting on with my latest project (whatever that may be!) or getting out on the bike or going for a run.

Mike_P

Guru
Yes, obviously you are correct but I am not really a fan of TV subscriptions as I rarely watch TV. I reluctantly pay for Sky as my wife likes to watch TV a lot
Presumably you are not paying extra for Eurosport, might be worth checking what options you have and if it is extra / cheaper without wether the saving covers the GCN+ subscription which equates to £3.33 a month.

Chislenko

Veteran
Presumably you are not paying extra for Eurosport, might be worth checking what options you have and if it is extra / cheaper without wether the saving covers the GCN+ subscription which equates to £3.33 a month.

No, I just pay the basic of which Eurosport is part of the deal, don't pay for any sport which isn't free!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush

Adam4868

Guru
Yeah, poor Sam. What happened to him?
Fell out with Bora, fell out with Quickstep and has had a less than stellar Bora return.
Is it him or just unlucky?
He says his form's not there yet but the season is getting near the end.
Yea and can you really see him getting picked for the Vuelta ? Would of thought they'd build there squad around Hindley....with the likes of Higuita,Buchman,Kelderman ?
Some fecking race in Poland to try and make your comeback !

Podcasters! Yes you, listen up:

Where did this lazy way of pronouncing "peloton" come from?!? It's an O in the last syllable - not an A, or a U.
It doesn't rhyme with pelican !!! Even the yanks do a better job - with a kind of peh·luh·taan!

Think Benetton, not Bickerton 👍

Adam4868

Guru
Podcasters! Yes you, listen up:

Where did this lazy way of pronouncing "peloton" come from?!? It's an O in the last syllable - not an A, or a U.
It doesn't rhyme with pelican !!! Even the yanks do a better job - with a kind of peh·luh·taan!

Think Benetton, not Bickerton 👍
Why don't you send a tweet to Kelly....see how he pronounces feck off 😁

Adam4868

Guru
He's Oirish - I'll forgive him a lot of things.

(actually, I reckon his french is pretty good. Generally.

And I love how he says "Bonifications"! )
Fluent Flemish aswell....if you want correct pronunciations I guess you'll be a big fan of Rob Hatch ?
Never really bothered me much,accents and all that.Actually prefer to hear a accent to say Millars whatever the feck it's meant to be....sorry won't go there 😁

Top Bottom