Minor races 2022 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Oscar Onley mixing it with the pros, including Pozzovivo and Rota, in the Czech republic. Great stuff!
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/sazka-tour/2022/stage-2

And Oliver Rees in 3rd on GC after 2 stages in the T of Portugal
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/volta-a-portugal/2022/stage-1-gc

What with the signings of the stagiares and neo pros from the UK lately, there;s some under the radar talent coming through.
Fred Wright, Lewis Askey, Jake Stewart. et al , all doing okay having moved up in the last few troubled years as well.

Presumably these UK riders who are still UK based have some special dispensation to get round the 90 in 180 day Schengen Rule to keep going back and forth to Europe to compete?

Martinsnos

San Sebastián.​

Went to the results and was surprised to see a huge list of riders that didn’t finish (only 60 did). Appreciate it is tactical withdrawal in some cases but it does feel a bit disrespectful to race/fans [I know some had to withdraw for ‘genuine’ reasons!].

Adam4868

Guru

San Sebastián.​

Went to the results and was surprised to see a huge list of riders that didn’t finish (only 60 did). Appreciate it is tactical withdrawal in some cases but it does feel a bit disrespectful to race/fans [I know some had to withdraw for ‘genuine’ reasons!].
Is that including riders who didn't make the time cut ? Evenepoel would have put a lot under pressure to make it inside the time cut off.

Adam4868

Guru
Anyone watching the mens road race ? Love Thomas to win this but he's having to put a lot of energy into catching breaks.

Mike_P

Guru
Not exactly the most exciting circuit.

Adam4868

Guru
I have a funny feeling Geraint may call it a day at the end of this season.
Really ? I think he's had a great season,third in the Tour.Not a lot he could have done different today,closed a lot of gaps and gave it a go.Same for TT.I think he's got another season at least 😁
Boring road race as it goes...

Top Bottom