Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah sorry.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
The European Games in Baku have been some way under the radar in this country (perhaps due to our lack of participation?). Anyway, the time trials took place today and Vas Kiryienka won gold for Belarus. Woo hoo!

Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 12.58.41.png

The women's and men's road races are on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Who knew?

EDIT: having looked at the website GB has sent a sizeable squad across a wide range of sports. No cyclists though.

ANOTHER EDIT: Women's TT was won by Ellen van Dijk...
Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 13.09.42.png

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Kittel and Greipel are both in the Ster ZLM Toer, which started yesterday with a 6.4km prologue.

This is the profile for this afternoon's first stage proper - a twisty but not especially lumpy circuit round 's-Hertogenbosch...
zlm.gif

My money is on a bunch sprint.

The Couch

Über Member
For the people interested to see how pro's who aren't climbers (and therefore don't get televised) ride up the Rettenbachferner after +200K of racing, here is Sep Vanmarcke being videotaped from his team managers' car:

Seems very unfair that he has to climb much more kilometers then the best climbers ;)

raindog

er.....
Tronet mugged the peloton in the Route du Sud. Europcar tried to set it up for Coquard but it all fell apart. Lively end to the stage and nice countryside.
I often enjoy these smaller races more than the GTs - am I a pervert? ^_^

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
For the people interested to see how pro's who aren't climbers (and therefore don't get televised) ride up the Rettenbachferner after +200K of racing, here is Sep Vanmarcke being videotaped from his team managers' car:

Seems very unfair that he has to climb much more kilometers then the best climbers ;)

Matt Stephens used a term I'd never heard before to describe that sort of riding. He called it "paperboying". I thought that was pretty funny.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I expect Geraint Thomas was reasonably happy with it - he took five seconds out of Pinot's lead.

Assuming they both stay pretty close to the front end of the race over the next two stages, Sunday's TT will be interesting - maybe not Lemond vs Fignon levels of interesting, but the result could be equally close either way.

Top Bottom