Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Today is a really minor race happening... The "GP Stad Zottegem"

Still... last year this was won by E. Theuns (who has had a great early season classics campaign this year and who will undoubtedly be going to a World Tour team)
Other people in the top 5: Tiesj Benoot, Zico Waeytens and Jasper De Buyst

So a race where young potentials can shine

Buddfox

Veteran
I'll whack this in here for now, but someone may feel it deserves it's own thread, but team GB is sending a squad to the Tour de l'Avenir:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/g...Cycling-Team-named-for-2015-Tour-de-lAvenir-0

The English version of the website isn't working yet / at the moment, but the other teams (in French) listed here:

http://www.tourdelavenir.com/fr/la-course/les-equipes.html

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'll whack this in here for now, but someone may feel it deserves it's own thread, but team GB is sending a squad to the Tour de l'Avenir:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/g...Cycling-Team-named-for-2015-Tour-de-lAvenir-0

The English version of the website isn't working yet / at the moment, but the other teams (in French) listed here:

http://www.tourdelavenir.com/fr/la-course/les-equipes.html

There's a bit of a fuss about the Tour de l'Avenir as the rule changes mean WT pros can be (and are being) selected this year.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I've mentioned Mark Stewart a few times in threads, mostly track related, and it's great to see him get a ride at l'Avenir - not too long ago he was handing me my arse on a plate every week at Caird Park velodrome in Dundee and last year did the same (along with just about everyone else) in a hilly TT in the Borders. He's a great rider and great bloke who has put in the effort and is now getting the rewards.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've mentioned Mark Stewart a few times in threads, mostly track related, and it's great to see him get a ride at l'Avenir - not too long ago he was handing me my arse on a plate every week at Caird Park velodrome in Dundee and last year did the same (along with just about everyone else) in a hilly TT in the Borders. He's a great rider and great bloke who has put in the effort and is now getting the rewards.
I saw Chris Lawless, another Avenir rider, win the U23 event at the Gent 6 dayer last autumn, with Matt Gibson.

Buddfox

Veteran

Nice. This kind of thing is great to see and I hope he (and the rest of the team) do well. I can see why the presence of World Tour riders might ruffle a few feathers, but I suppose that reflects the increasing profile of the event.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Confessing my ignorance here. I just heard that Hugh Carthy (from Fulwood, Lancs) is 4th on GC in the USA Pro Challenge as we speak.
Not only have I not heard of him but he's riding for Caja Rural as a 21 year old. Kudos, chapeau and hat.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Confessing my ignorance here. I just heard that Hugh Carthy (from Fulwood, Lancs) is 4th on GC in the USA Pro Challenge as we speak.
Not only have I not heard of him but he's riding for Caja Rural as a 21 year old. Kudos, chapeau and hat.
He's 5th now with Tao G-H in 13th

rich p

ridiculous old lush
After the ITT, Carthy is down to 9th but Tao G-H up to 6th

Rohan Dennis wins his second stage in a row

1 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team 17:42:14
2 Brent Bookwalter (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:44
3 Rob Britton (Can) Team SmartStop 0:01:31
4 Gavin Mannion (USA) Jelly Belly p/b Maxxis 0:01:49
5 Lachlan David Morton (Aus) Jelly Belly p/b Maxxis 0:01:53
6 Tao Geoghegan Hart (GBr) Axeon Cycling Team 0:01:58
7 Lachlan Norris (Aus) Drapac Professional Cycling 0:02:02
8 Toms Skujins (Lat) Hincapie Racing Team 0:02:08
9 Hugh Carthy (GBr) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA 0:02:13
10 Julien Bernard (Fra) Trek Factory Racing 0:02:14

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tao G-H and Hugh Carty finished first and second in the young jersey comp. in the USA Procycling event.
Dennis takes the overall

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Kristoff wins Plouay
CNqg44BWcAA6aTl.jpg

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Sounds like a bit of a Horlicks at the Tour of Alberta where everyone with the exception of lone breakaway rider took the wrong turn and ended up off-course.

Top Bottom