Minor Races Thread 2015 - [SPOILERS]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Eisel crashes in Canada. breaking his arm in the process

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Another 2nd for Adam Yates
COz3DAGWoAEi5PR.png

The Couch

Über Member
A much needed win for Wellens who had a terrible start of the season
Told here 3 weeks ago, he should have taken his Eneco-winning form to the Vuelta...
if only these guys would listen to what is being said here, for sure 1 out of 20 things being said makes a lot of sense

The Couch

Über Member
Jens Debusschere wins the GP de Wallonie (a race that ends on the climb to the Namur Citadel), in second place Jan Bakelants ... neither are selected for the Belgian WC team

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Some decent names in the Abu Dhabi tour race, chance for Sagan to give the rainbow stripes a quick stage win perchance ?
Wouldn't it be great if Sagan buried "the curse of the rainbow stripes" on their first outing?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can't help thinking that it's going to be treated as an overblown exhibition race by many of the riders.
A stage might even be gifted to Sagan.

I can't help thinking that it's going to be treated as an overblown exhibition race by many of the riders.
A stage might even be gifted to Sagan.
I don't agree. Any pro will want a win or a sprint jersey etc and the UCI points to go with them, and gifting victories is really only for post tour crits. I doubt the organizers and sponsors would be very happy to see no real competition, even in the heat.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't agree. Any pro will want a win or a sprint jersey etc and the UCI points to go with them, and gifting victories is really only for post tour crits. I doubt the organizers and sponsors would be very happy to see no real competition, even in the heat.
Maybe not gifted but a lot will be going through the motions. It seems to me a race too far.
I'll watch almost any racing but I cba to see if it's even on Eurosport.

Stephen C

Über Member
I tuned in to be told that the next and only remaining corner was 40km away...I turned off after that...

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Qatar, Dubai, Oman and now this crap; and next year's Worlds are in Qatar...someone's pocket at the UCI is getting well lined - taking a leaf out of FIFA's book.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Qatar, Dubai, Oman and now this crap; and next year's Worlds are in Qatar...someone's pocket at the UCI is getting well lined - taking a leaf out of FIFA's book.
I'm not sure who gets anything out of it. Very few watch it on TV, even less at the roadside.
Maybe someone can explain why it appeals to the Middle Eastern despots, advertisers or the UCI. Let alone the teams and riders unless their on an extra special bonus - free petrol for life?

Top Bottom