Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Just asking - are these races minor enough so that no comments in here will be spoilers for anyone watching later? If so, fine - if not, let me know and I'll add spoilers to the title.
:okay:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Kittel is back but Cav didn't look too shabby yesterday, considering he had no lead out and had to come from a fair way back.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
And Poels wins the ITT in the Valencia Volta, and beats Kiryenka into third. I didn't know he was any good at TTs

And Poels wins the ITT in the Valencia Volta, and beats Kiryenka into third. I didn't know he was any good at TTs
Me neither. I think that's the first TT he's won. I thought he was more of a climber, looking at his stats though, he's got good all round ability, probably why Sky took him.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A decent start to the year by Sky. Kennaugh and Froome win in Oz and Poels taking the GC in Valencia.
Cav wins stage 1 in the idyllic Qatar. Dimension Data account is up and running.

Hont

Guru
Cav wins stage 1 in the idyllic Qatar. Dimension Data account is up and running.

Helped by the absence of Sky and Etixx-QS (presumably off now being fitted for quick-release shoes). Cav may have to start valuing "shoot small races" a bit more these days.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Helped by the absence of Sky and Etixx-QS (presumably off now being fitted for quick-release shoes). Cav may have to start valuing "shoot small races" a bit more these days.
True but I think he still has ambitions in the bigger races. I, personally, wish that he wasn't bothering with the 'shoot' Olympics and had another bash at Greipel and Kittel etc. He didn't look far off the pace last week despite having a less than ideal train and tactical positioning.
I'm sounding like a fanboi

fimm

Veteran
I thought it was good to see Thibaut Pinot challenging Nibali on the Green Mountain stage. Nibali showed him who was boss in the end, though.

Top Bottom