Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
An enjoyable Ruta del Sol, with a cracking final stage.

I do like the way Valverde rides. It's a pity that I have a lurking doubt about his bonio fidos.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
It was quite a weekend for the big names. Nibali wins in Oman, Valverde takes the Ruta del Sol and Dirty Bertie takes the last stage of the Volta ao Algarve (but can't stop Geraint Thomas taking the GC ha!).

400bhp

Guru
An enjoyable Ruta del Sol, with a cracking final stage.

I do like the way Valverde rides. It's a pity that I have a lurking doubt about his bonio fidos.

But tactically very astute.

BMC rode themselves into the ground on the TT. Stupid tactics IF their goal was to win, which perhaps is wasn't.

He is a better rider than some people give him credit for.
I always like how loyal he is to his team, what's that been now like 15 years maybe ?

Anyone read about Arnold Fiek in the GP Lugano. crashed 12 metres down into the lake and was rescued by a boat! Holy cow!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Anyone read about Arnold Fiek in the GP Lugano. crashed 12 metres down into the lake and was rescued by a boat! Holy cow!

Here's the story:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ger...2-metre-fall-into-lake-during-gp-lugano-race/

Also in unfortunate injuries this week, Eduardo Sepulveda, one of my favourite up-and-coming climbers, was hit by a race barrier that was caught by the wind near the end of La Drome Classic, and was left unconscious with a fractured scaphoid, radius, broken teeth... he'll be out for a few months:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sepulveda-out-for-three-months-after-being-hit-by-barrier/

And Thibaut Pinot wins the TT at Criterium International

FDJ have transformed themselves this year. A French Tour de France champion in the next few years?

And Thibaut Pinot wins the TT at Criterium International

FDJ have transformed themselves this year. A French Tour de France champion in the next few years?
They seem to be taking it seriously don't they. TT performances have transformed incredibly.

Top Bottom