Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Cav pips Nizzolo on the line at the Tour of Croatia, a reverse of yesterday's stage result.

The Dimension Data train was working well, though Renshaw doesn't look like the fearsome lead-out man of old. Reinart Janse Van Rensburg looks useful though.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
And his Nibs finishes down the hill with Landa clinging on for the stage.
Carthy finished in a pretty good position again. Looks like a real prospect.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good result for Emanuel Buchmann too. I'd forgotten about him since his surprise win in the German nationals and minor Tour heroics last year.
I've still forgotten about him! My deep knowledge of the peloton (© ) has limits clearly!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I don't know much about him but he's reckoned to be the bright young hope for German cycling - in GC terms, at least. I suppose Kittel is still the poster boy for stage wins. Apart from Degenkolb, Greipel and Martin, I'm not sure I could name any other German pro cyclists.

ETA: and Ciolek, of course.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Good display of team tactics by Astana at Trentino today. They had two riders (Fuglsang snd Kangert) in the lead group of 10 going over the top of the final climb, with a 15km descent to the finish. Landa was isolated. Fuglsang repeatedly attacked, forcing Landa to chase, so by the time Kangert launched off the front with 2km to go, Landa had nothing left.

AG2R actually had three in the group but looked like they were mostly just hanging on. Slightly disappointing from them.

Buchmann was there again and looking lively. Konrad was the second Bora-Argon18 rider.

Ultimately no change at the top - the rest of the group finished 10 seconds behind Kangert. Good stage though.

Nibali finished about another minute back. Not sure about Carthy.

I don't know much about him but he's reckoned to be the bright young hope for German cycling - in GC terms, at least. I suppose Kittel is still the poster boy for stage wins. Apart from Degenkolb, Greipel and Martin, I'm not sure I could name any other German pro cyclists.

ETA: and Ciolek, of course.
Christian Knees
Ruben Zepunke
Simon Geschke
Linus Gerdemann
Roger Kluge
Robert Förstemann

That's about all I can add.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Christian Knees
Simon Geschke
Linus Gerdemann

Oh yeah, should have remembered those three at least.

I didn't count Forstermann because I was thinking of road rather than track.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
For those that have been following the Tour of Croatia, there is live streaming on procyclinglive.com from 2.00pm. Strange this one, as Eurosport have shown every day live! I know there is LBL, but they could have fitted in the finish live on their other channel.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I haven't been paying attention to the Tour of Croatia for a couple of days but the hilly stage 4 was a good one for the young Brits Scott Davies (20) and Daniel Pearson (22) of Team Wiggins, who moved up to 9th and 11th respectively on GC.

Scott Davies apparently stands at 1.84m and weighs 64kg (according to PCS). He must be even more of a beanpole than Froome! Although wikipedia has him at 1.8m and 66kg, which sounds more likely. He's been national U23 TT champion for two years running and at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, he was 10th in the road race (a race that only 12 riders finished, as you may recall, thanks to the appalling conditions) and 16th in the TT - didn't put in a particularly great time, but still very impressive for an 18yo. Sounds very much like one to watch.

simo105

Is this tour of turkey a joke race! Pedestrian riding in the bunch. Crossing the road in front of the leader, poor show from turkey

Top Bottom