Minor Stage Races 2016 **may contain SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Niemiec wins the stage from a 120km solo breakaway. Commentator remarks that he looks 'fresh as a daisy' at the finish. I wouldn't raise an eyebrow except for the fact that this is the Tour of Turkey...

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I haven't been paying attention to the Tour of Croatia for a couple of days but the hilly stage 4 was a good one for the young Brits Scott Davies (20) and Daniel Pearson (22) of Team Wiggins, who moved up to 9th and 11th respectively on GC.

Yes, they're still doing well 10th and 11th @ 3'46" and 3'58" after yesterdays TTT

Last edited by a moderator:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Prologue of the Tour de Romandie is currently underway. I haven't seen it but apparently Giant-Alpecin's Chad Haga crashed falling off the start ramp. Whoops.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Ion leads the charge in Romandie.

http://cyclingquotes.com/news/izagi...-marred_romandie_prologue#7tF7TuMfG4HD5iyV.97

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 17.37.45.png

He did start
I didn't look far enough down the results!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
26 seconds is a fair chunk to lose over 4.5km, especially for a TTer of Froome's calibre. Were conditions that bad or was he just not pushing hard?

It might not matter over the course of the race, he could easily make it up, but it might also mean Sky are putting their eggs in other baskets (ie Thomas and Kiwiatkowski) for this race.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I thought Marcel Kittel did well to stay in contention yesterday. Good win.

I'm reading this morning Richie Porte will be a DNS today due to "GI" problems. Gastro-intestinal?

Top Bottom