mio cyclo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
looking at the mio cyclo range mainly the 300 or 505 instead of a edge touring from garmin has anyone ever heard of mio or had any experiences good or bad?
i'm not too convinced my self the bro is attempting to talk me into it!
Cheers Ed

Last edited:
U

User33236

Get your brother to buy one then or is he using you as a guinea pig?

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Get your brother to buy one then or is he using you as a guinea pig?
guinea pig and he wouldn't be buying one even if i loved it as he pretty much only commutes and just wants to make sure i don't waste my money something like that
Cheers Ed

jasonmccullum

Über Member
i have one as do a few people on here. do a search on here and you will find several posts on it.

personally i love it.

uclown2002

Guru
I've got the Edge 800. Cracking bit of kit coupled with outstanding customer service from Garmin. Had a broken strap on out of warranty FR 60 and they quoted me £30 to replace which was ok with. When they returned it they had replaced whole unit with brand new FR70 worth over £100.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I've got the Edge 800. Cracking bit of kit coupled with outstanding customer service from Garmin. Had a broken strap on out of warranty FR 60 and they quoted me £30 to replace which was ok with. When they returned it they had replaced whole unit with brand new FR70 worth over £100.
sounds good i won't be a able to afford a edge 800 i am looking at edge touring though
fr 60 and 70 are they old discontinued models?
Cheers Ed

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've got a cyclo 505 - great bit of kit. Pretty sure you can update it, it definitely updated the first time I connected it to the computer.

I've got a 305. Fantastic piece of kit. Not had any problems with it at all and have already had several map updates.

I got mine for £130 with heart rate and cadence sensor. Not sure what more a Garmin 800 could offer.

Top Bottom