mio cyclo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
ordered Garmin touring from wiggle lasts night for 180£ and I get the free pack of haribos!^_^:hungry:
Cheers Ed
i love the satnav it's just great but o have one really buig problem bugging me maybe one of you lot could help me out
wiggle forgot the pack of haribos! :ohmy: :sad: so can someone send me a pack? :tongue:
Cheers Ed

pclay

Veteran
any update on the Garmin Touring, Young Ed?

I ordered something from wiggle a few months ago and they forgot the Haribos. I sent them an email and a week later a had 10 packs of Haribos from them as way of apology.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
any update on the Garmin Touring, Young Ed?

I ordered something from wiggle a few months ago and they forgot the Haribos. I sent them an email and a week later a had 10 packs of Haribos from them as way of apology.
yeah still loving the satnav initial hype has calmed down but it is still great! :biggrin:
did you say anything about the haribos or did they just send it out of there own initiative?
Cheers Ed

pclay

Veteran
yeah still loving the satnav initial hype has calmed down but it is still great! :biggrin:
did you say anything about the haribos or did they just send it out of there own initiative?
Cheers Ed

I sent them an e-mail of complaint, and they sent me the 10 packs or so as an apology.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
just received 8 packs of haribos tangtanstics through the post today so thanks wiggle! :biggrin:
great customer support from them i just love it i almost look forward to dealing with them and parting with my money when it comes to them :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

pclay

Veteran
shopping around you can get a garmin 800 or a mio 505 both with cadance and heart rate monitor for about £260. I don't know which one to go for.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I'm in a pickle with this decision also.
Was all all set on a edge 800 as I really fancy the navigation option on it, but don't like the fact that you have to buy the 800 with a bundle to get the maps. Heard about the mio 505 today that has maps pre-installed. Looked at a vid on YouTube and it just looks so simple to use compared to the Garmin. I just think there are too many options on the 800 that will confuse me, but then I suppose after a while i might get used to it. The mio looks a good bit of kit that even a simpleton like me could use !
@young Ed how you finding the touring version. Do you regret not buying an 800 at all?

uclown2002

Guru
I think a certain person needs to broaden their horizon ;)

do you work for Garmin or something ?
No, but I have a few Garmin products so speak from experience. And on the few occasions I have contacted Garmin I have received outstanding Customer service.
That's good enough for me to keep buying Garmin products.
Go get yourself that cheap inferior product then.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I'm in a pickle with this decision also.
Was all all set on a edge 800 as I really fancy the navigation option on it, but don't like the fact that you have to buy the 800 with a bundle to get the maps. Heard about the mio 505 today that has maps pre-installed. Looked at a vid on YouTube and it just looks so simple to use compared to the Garmin. I just think there are too many options on the 800 that will confuse me, but then I suppose after a while i might get used to it. The mio looks a good bit of kit that even a simpleton like me could use !
@young Ed how you finding the touring version. Do you regret not buying an 800 at all?
no way step back from the pc and check back here in a sec when i have the time to post a bit more!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
okay done my duties and now for my CC duties! :biggrin:

BUY THE GARMIN NOT THE MIO! :biggrin:

look into my eyes into them not around them but into them :snap: now your under, buy the garmin what ever model but just defo the garmin not the mio :snap: your back!

okay so seriously now. i LOVE the edge touring and feel it ifs the best 180 quid i have ever spent! even with price aside i don't lose any sleep over not buying the 800 or even the edge touring plus!

TAKE MY LITTLE TEST TO DETERMINE WHICH MODEL IS FOR YOU!

if you think about it hard and feel you don't really need the cadence or virtual training partner etc then you want to look at the touring and touring plus

do you have a turbo trainer or any other need for ant +? do your really need the HRM? if the answer to either of these questions is YES then you want the touring plus if the answer to both of these questions is NO then you want the touring!

i have the standard edge touring not the plus and absolutely love it and it works a treat with strava and garmin connect! :biggrin: i am rather broad minded i would say as i was very stuck between the garmin and the mio but felt the price difference + or - was so little i went with well known brand that everyone knows and loves! and that has a miniature number of negative reviews or points

at the end of the day it is all up to you but i would whole heartedly recommend the garmin edge touring to anyone :biggrin: :bicycle: none of the potential :cursing: or :cry: as with the mio if s*it does hit the fan!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom