mio cyclo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
where did you order it from? i think garmin is still trying to take £200 for it when most places are only asking £180 now and thats how much i paid
Cheers Ed
To be honest I ordered it from the wife's catalogue as it's interest free so ill just pay off chunks as and when. I did pay a tad more than £200 but sod it ! ......I wanted one.
I'll have it payed off by spring anyway.

Cheers, chances are i will message you with some set up questions :thumbsup:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
To be honest I ordered it from the wife's catalogue as it's interest free so ill just pay off chunks as and when. I did pay a tad more than £200 but sod it ! ......I wanted one.
I'll have it payed off by spring anyway.

Cheers, chances are i will message you with some set up questions :thumbsup:
worth more then 200 for me!
set up is easy as pie :biggrin: just one thing i don't much like and that is that it wants your weight for set up and it wants to know what distance to work in (miles or KM) and i always work in kg and miles (kg is the future and much easier i find and miles is all we use in Britain) but it wanted imperial or metric so i ended up choosing imperial but when i do a European tour i can always change to metric
Cheers Ed

pclay

Veteran
So I have been testing out my new Garmin edge touring. I can use it to record a ride. simple. I can get it to follow a route (Imported GPX file) simple. but can i get it to navigate a route and record at the same time?

I dont know if its just me, but I have imported a route where the start point is 1 mile away form my house. I leave my house and immediately press record. I get to the course start point, and click 'where to' >>> 'saved' >>> courses >>> 'course name' >>> 'ride'. The device starts navigating me but stops recording the ride.

am I doing something wrong here. #i have now had two rides not record (although they were only 5 milers).

Cheers

Doyleyburger

Veteran
So I have been testing out my new Garmin edge touring. I can use it to record a ride. simple. I can get it to follow a route (Imported GPX file) simple. but can i get it to navigate a route and record at the same time?

I dont know if its just me, but I have imported a route where the start point is 1 mile away form my house. I leave my house and immediately press record. I get to the course start point, and click 'where to' >>> 'saved' >>> courses >>> 'course name' >>> 'ride'. The device starts navigating me but stops recording the ride.

am I doing something wrong here. #i have now had two rides not record (although they were only 5 milers).

Cheers
Blimey. Hopefully there is a way to record a ride at the same time as following a route as iv just bought one myself......
With any luck someone can guide you on how to resolve this.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
interesting that i have ridden from my house to a local village to pick up my mate and then ridden off to another local village where i then set my touring to a imported route and then road it and had started recording when i left home initially
will try it again soon though
Cheers Ed

MikeW-71

Veteran

Hmm, my 500 will navigate and record at the same time, I'd have thought the Touring would do that too. What I do though is start the course even if I'm not at the start point, then press record and set off. You could try doing the same with the Touring and see if that works.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Hmm, my 500 will navigate and record at the same time, I'd have thought the Touring would do that too. What I do though is start the course even if I'm not at the start point, then press record and set off. You could try doing the same with the Touring and see if that works.
the 500 can't navigate can it?
or atl east it has no maps?
Cheers Ed

MikeW-71

Veteran
Not with maps, just follow the line and turn where it says :smile:

pclay

Veteran
I think I figured it out. I left my house and pressed the record button (the physical button bottom right). I got to the location where I know my saved course starts. I got back to the home screen by tapping the map, and hitting the home icon. I then went to 'Where to?' >>> 'saved' >>> 'Courses' >>> 'Course name' >>> pressed 'ride'. I pressed the 'record' physical button bottom right and the screen Save / Discard appeared. If this screen appears, re-press the 'record' physical button to continue recording.

I am disappointed that this unit does not have the best of instructions, and has required trial and error to get going. I feel like a users guide is required.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I think I figured it out. I left my house and pressed the record button (the physical button bottom right). I got to the location where I know my saved course starts. I got back to the home screen by tapping the map, and hitting the home icon. I then went to 'Where to?' >>> 'saved' >>> 'Courses' >>> 'Course name' >>> pressed 'ride'. I pressed the 'record' physical button bottom right and the screen Save / Discard appeared. If this screen appears, re-press the 'record' physical button to continue recording.

I am disappointed that this unit does not have the best of instructions, and has required trial and error to get going. I feel like a users guide is required.
good to know you got it sorted

i am almost certain it does have an instruction manual it is just a digital one i will find it later tonight or early tomorrow and try and get it to you
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
sorry it's late butter better late then never eh!
file:///G:/Documents/START_HERE.html
link above is manuals online for edge touring and touring plus in lots of languages and uploaded file is pdf manual for touring and touring plus in english but i have them in lots of languages and can up load in any requested language
Cheers Ed

Attachments

• OM_EN.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

mark william

get the garmin they are the best cycle computers out there and they last ages i have had mine for about 4 years and still going strong.

pclay

Veteran
Thank you Young Ed for the link to the manual for the Garmin Edge Touring. I have already seen this manual, and unfortunately, it is the worst manual I have ever read.

For example:

>>>There is no mention that whilst recording a ride, you can switch off the unit, switch it back on later, and it will continue recording the ride.
>>>There is no mention that if, whilst recording a ride, you get to the 'Save or Discard' screen, you can press the record button to carry on recording. I.e you do not have to Save or Discard.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Thank you Young Ed for the link to the manual for the Garmin Edge Touring. I have already seen this manual, and unfortunately, it is the worst manual I have ever read.

For example:

>>>There is no mention that whilst recording a ride, you can switch off the unit, switch it back on later, and it will continue recording the ride.
>>>There is no mention that if, whilst recording a ride, you get to the 'Save or Discard' screen, you can press the record button to carry on recording. I.e you do not have to Save or Discard.
agreed it is not the best thanks for those tips had no idea
so if i set it to record turn it off then keep riding and near the end of my ride turn it back on it won't have data for that bit if riding but if i stop for lunch and turn it off then turn it on when i start riding it will continue recording that ride?

another thing the manual does not say is when on the navigation screen if you press the bar on the top that said continue riding on garmin or something lane it then brings up a list of all the instructions for that ride (eg:turn left here
turn right there
continue on so and so lane
etc etc)
and then if you tap on one of the instructions it shows it on a a map
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom