Misophonia - any suffers here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Someone here at the office has just hired a calypso band to retrieve the last cornflake from their bowl :gun:

This is why i could never work in an office - that whole open plan thing especially - just looks like torture - whoever thought that would be a good idea?

tyred

Legendary Member
This is why i could never work in an office - that whole open plan thing especially - just looks like torture - whoever thought that would be a good idea?

Tell me about it, but the worst thing isn't so much things people do but that so many people seem to spout such utter twaddle when they're supposed to be working, especially a young 20 or 21 year old super cocky guy on my team who is self-appointed expert on all things - politics, religion, dog training, hi-fi, computers, sheep farming, road traffic laws, cars, motorcycles, the legal system, central heating systems, no matter what the subject, he thinks he knows everything and will argue with anyone stupid enough to argue with him. I've become good at just tuning him out as when he does touch on some subject I know a little about, it's obvious he hasn't a clue.

He knows so much about cars he's always going on about how great the V8 engine in his mate's Mazda RX-8 sounds (a Wankel V8, interesting concept!) and he is always criticising everyone else's driving and saying they shouldn't be on the road yet he failed his own driving test twice so far :laugh:

Just to bring this thread back to life, I`ve stopped shopping at Lidl (not that I did much anyway), because those plastic baskets being wheeled around the floor do my head in, that sound........................grrrrrrrrr

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My upstairs neighbour laughs like he is machine-gunning a seal and talks loudly. His fridge buzzes at 70db, sound recorded in my bedroom. Louder in the kitchen which is directly underneath.
He has been rabbiting incessantly since 6am now. May I go and slap him.

I am considering swapping my bedroom furniture to the living room and sofa etc to the bedroom to get some peace.
I don’t hear my other neighbours, just him.

You could have::::: which is very similar
Synesthesia
is a perceptual phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway
leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.
People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes.
what it really means is
your hearing system and say your skin or touch are cross linked.
giving you big amplification of some sounds, or vibrations.
If you have it's best not to fly because you will know when No 4
engine is about to blow. Making you a disruptive passenger.
For the rest of us don't want to know when God is knocking!

U

User6179

Emulation these days means you can play it with out the tape loader noise, although, if it floats your boat, you can actually wait and listen to the horrible sounds.

I tried playing Jet Pac a few months ago on an emulator but I was hopeless, couldn't get pass level one:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I tried playing Jet Pac a few months ago on an emulator but I was hopeless, couldn't get pass level one:blush:

Oh heck, got it on my newly built Arcade Cabinet. Great game, but playing it on the Kempston Joystick was great at the time (and I was 35 years younger), but got a better arcade system now... bit too good, I'm not.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've just seen this thread and breathed a sigh of relief when I read it. I'm the same as @Threevok.
It's been driving me nuts for years and no doc to date has been able to find out what's wrong. They even sent me for a hearing test which I passed spectacularly.
I'll have to see the doc again and see if he agrees with my diagnosis.

[QUOTE 5450002, member: 9609"]Sports commentary snippets on the radio news - if someone has scored a hat trick why do they need to play a repeat of the commentator screaming and shouting as each goal goes in, or if some horse has won a race why do they need to let us hear all the screaming and shouting of the commentator?[/QUOTE]
Yes the simple answer I found for this compliant was to turn the radio off or in the case of the illuminated lodger just turn the sound down!
But My wife doesn't like my enthusiastic scraping of my plate when finishing up one of her Delicious meals!!

I think I have a degree of this; in my office there is an apple cruncher, a crisp cruncher, a habitual throat clearer, a cougher and a sniffer that force me to wear headphones and play loud techno most days.

I asked two workmates how they put up with it and neither had ever noticed any of it.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I find it's a million times worse after a period of peace and quiet. Some tw*t will drop a pen of open a pack of crisps and guaranteed my ear canals will rumble like an old fashioned metal bin and I'll jump a mile from my seat.

Top Bottom