Misophonia - any suffers here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Maybe this explains something ... When I was a kid my dad would get uncharacteristically angry if any of us kids slurped a mikshake with a straw. It was a very specific thing, and we soon learnt that it was a serious matter, not something for joking around. If you wanted to suck up the last bits of your milkshake, you had to into another room.

Yup - I'm the same - i'm curious to know whether this is learnt, or associative behaviour.??

So if our parents, or someone we grew up around, got tense around these noises - did we subconsciously take on the same aversion ?

How are you with slurping, btw?

Arrgh - even writing the word puts me slightly on edge :stop:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Noisy eating for me. I'm currently sharing an office with a loud crisp cruncher and a squelcher. The cruncher is a mate so I tell him, he does it louder sometimes!
I look forward to the day my office is rebuilt.

Fish & chips in paper- when the paper squeaks as it gets damp almost makes me sick.

On the flip side, crunching gravel under car tyres and a single sheet of dictionary paper flicked with a finger are sublime.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The number of arguments I've had with the missus when she eats twiglets...

In the running for quote of the year.

But if Micheal stopped arguing with his dear lady wife, whilst she is eating, then she wouldn't be forced to speak with her mouth open, in order to defend herself.

Unless she is already eating with her mouth open - in which case that would - in my book - be clear and immediate grounds for divorce -
i'm not married btw

I guess we're the ones with the problem, and its our job to absent ourselves - before someone dies ...

I like the sound of a packet of twiglets being opened - so long as im the one who gets to eat them :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Radio Scotland seem to think we all want to hear some hysterical screaming “ sports” commentator at breakfast at 0725 and sometimes earlier for repeats. The off switch is applied immediately and the radio then remains off.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's got to the point now, where I cannot even stand the sound of myself eating and have to have some kind of background noise to drown it out.

That is bad..
So no snacking on quiet country lanes for you then?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Other people are just plain horrible aren't they , something should be done !
It started off so well too.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Noisy eaters irritate me, as does anyone who makes unnecessary noise - just close the door, no need to send it flying into outer space.

Aggressively noisy crockery stacking...

Are you putting those plates away?
Or are you in fact, trying to kill them??

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Other people are just plain horrible aren't they , something should be done !
It started off so well too.

Forgive them..

For they know not what they do..

Although I am currently sitting next to someone crunching pork scratchings !!!
Talk about dicing with death :whistle:

Top Bottom