Missing from radar screen - One Boeing 777

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

There is even speculation that the transponder was turned off to stop the aircraft being tracked and it has landed safely somewhere and a hostage situation is present, seems silly but I do hope this is a possibility, then all the passengers are still alive, hostages but alive

The longer it remains missing, the more i find this explanation plausible.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Am about to fly a very long way on a very big plane .... It's no fun reading this stuff ....

Driving to the airport is statistically much more dangerous than the flight itself. And don't even think about mowing the lawn

A Cyclist

Über Member
There is even speculation that the transponder was turned off to stop the aircraft being tracked and it has landed safely somewhere and a hostage situation is present, seems silly but I do hope this is a possibility, then all the passengers are still alive, hostages but alive

I'd like to think this way too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well it's an Airbus 330 .... The only thing I'm worried about right now is who I'm sitting next to and whether I'll sleep ok ....
Could have 4 seats to stretch out on !!!!!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Surely in this day and age reliance should not be placed on a Black Box to find out what happened? Why isn't flight information live streamed to servers?
Also, Google etc know our every move over the planets surface, why don't they tell us where they plane is?

Well it's an Airbus 330 .... The only thing I'm worried about right now is who I'm sitting next to and whether I'll sleep ok ....
Could have 4 seats to stretch out on !!!!!

Don't let it worry you, I guarantee you will be fine, this only happens every few years, security goes sky high, planes get double checked, it will be a few years before we hear anything like this again.

Surely in this day and age reliance should not be placed on a Black Box to find out what happened? Why isn't flight information live streamed to servers?
Also, Google etc know our every move over the planets surface, why don't they tell us where they plane is?

The transponder does this, it has a 30 day battery when power is lost, that's the reason for all the speculation.............why did it just stop?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A
[QUOTE 2970957, member: 45"]... But the Air France plane was pretty much intact when it hit the water. If this one broke up at height there's going to be a mahoosive debris area.

The scariest story about a plane crash (you listening FF) was that one just out of New York when the belly tank exploded. Apparently the front broke off and the open rear fuselage carried on flying for a short while.[/quote]

LET ME OFF .... NNOWWWWW

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2970957, member: 45"]
The scariest story about a plane crash (you listening FF) was that one just out of New York when the belly tank exploded. Apparently the front broke off and the open rear fuselage carried on flying for a short while.[/quote]

I was in Strathclyde Police at the time of Pan Am 103 being blown up and crashing into Lockerbie. Had I been back shift, rather than early shift, I would have been sent to the crash site as happened to my back shift colleagues. When they returned from their 36 hour continuous shift, they had some horrific stories which would tend to point to some of the passengers surviving for at least a few seconds after the aircraft broke up. The after effects of Lockerbie on everyone involved are still being felt today; truly a horrific tragedy.

Top Bottom