Missing girl found alive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
yenrod said:
Bloody media :blush:

exactly!!! No more mention of the grandparents bed now!! Now a 39yr old mans been arrested (according to news 24!!!)

Arch

Married to Night Train
gary r said:
exactly!!! No more mention of the grandparents bed now!! Now a 39yr old mans been arrested (according to news 24!!!)

It's obviously all just breaking. I expect it'll have settled down by the 6 o'clock news...

redcogs

Guru
jus read this.. Fantastic news. Lets hope that this positive outcome will put an end to some of the sneering class prejudice that i've heard on Radio 4 recently.

Wonderful that the kiddy is alive.

bobg

Über Member
Wonderful news. I cant begin to imagine what that must have been like for her parents ( let alone her) Just losing sight of one of my kids in Tesco's when they were little -( the kids no Tesco's ) was enought to bring on a panic attack

catwoman

Very good news. I just hope the little girl is unharmed.
I saw a very interesting documentary on telly recently about two girls who were abducted together on the south coast about 10 years ago. I sincerely hope she will be back to normal soon.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Anyone else reckon that the whole thing stinks?

Pete

Smokin Joe said:
Anyone else reckon that the whole thing stinks?
Yes. Though I wouldn't put it as strongly as that. Perhaps if this unfortunate child is old enough or mature enough to give an informed opinion of her own, that's what should be sought out (and probably is at this moment, seeing as she's been taken into care and is presumably being interviewed by trained counsellors). Possibly she may not want to return to her parents.

wafflycat

On the road a lot today (over 460 miles driven...) so had the radio on a lot and have heard the story develop throughout the day.

No, *not* the grandparents house and *not* the grandparents. Found in the flat of a 39-year-old man, allegedly known to the step-father and allegedly a possible relative of step-father. The man has been arrested on suspicion of abduction. Girl found *hidden* in the base of a divan bed in said flat about a mile from her home, and she's been made subject to a Emergency Police Protection Order, so is currently *not* back home with mother/step-father/father. Tip off as to her whereabouts given to a missing persons' organisation which passed the info along to the police.

No doubt it'll all come out in the wash, so to speak. One can just hope that nothing awful has happened to the girl in the interim.

buggi

Bird Saviour
yea, my sister said they interviewed her "uncle" on TV the day after she went missing. Could it be the same uncle as he was around about the 40 year age mark? the guy they have arrested and charged with abduction is 39. People like this often like to be in the media limelight and like to be "seen" to be helping (like in the case of Ian Huntley). The media needs to back off now and let the poor little luv get the counselling and help she needs. have to say i shed a few tears when they found her. the best thing the police can do now is return that b@st@rd to the house they got him from and let the people on that estate deal with him. Seems like a good close knit community to me and they'll be gunning for him. much better punishment than going to court, where he's bound to get some naff sentence.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This morning's BBC says he was the uncle of the stepfather. And both he and the girl were hiding in the divan. What's going on there?

Top Bottom