Missing part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a picture of my used claud butler chinook. Bought it recently and it rides great but am I right in thinking it is missing a bit here. The threaded bit sort of gives it away. I guess with that missing the bearing won't last long in this weather.
Would this be a part I would need too speak too Claud Butler about ?
dirt.jpg

It is missing off both side which sort of makes me wonder why

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Reuploaded the image for you since i had to download it to look at it anyway :smile:

Hopefully one of the clever people can help you

Attachments

• bikepart.JPG
    bikepart.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 12

Tim Hall

It's unclear from the photo, but I don't think anything is missing. It looks like a standard sealed bearing bottom bracket - the toothy bits are for the fitting tool to engage in. I can't see beyond there. If the seal is missing you'll need a new bottom bracket. Go along to any reputable bike shop and they'll sell you one. You need to know the axle length, which often entails removing the old one, for which you'll need a couple of special, but not too expensive tools. Or get the bike shop to fit it if you're averse to fettling.

OP
OP
captainhastings
Thanks for sorting the picture out. Ah I just assumed because of the threaded part that some sort of cover screwed on too keep the muck out if it looks fine all well and good as I say every thing is working treat. Thank you all for the info

Top Bottom