MKS Sylvan Touring Next Ezy Superior black on Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CEBEP

Upgraded Brompton pedals with MKS but didn't want the Ezy versions considering there is a plastic ring to be inserted every time. So decided to go with Ezy Superior versyon MKS Sylvan Touring Next. No plastic rings.

Pedals are wide with big contact surface, also more grippy than Brompton ones. Gave them a ride today in the rain and was pretty pleased with performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

Added pedal holder ordered off the Aliexpress. Holder is designed for MKS Ezy but I assume because mines are Ezy Superior while pedal inserts fine holder doesn't lock it in. However it stays secure and will not fall out while in vertical position.

Attachments

• 20220105_192117.jpg
    20220105_192117.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220105_192124.jpg
    20220105_192124.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 44

T4tomo

Legendary Member
forgive my ignorance, is that then "quick" detachable and sits in the little holder thingy as an alternative to the brommie folding pedal, or do you have to unscrew it to detach?

OP
OP
C

CEBEP

forgive my ignorance, is that then "quick" detachable and sits in the little holder thingy as an alternative to the brommie folding pedal, or do you have to unscrew it to detach?
It's quick release pedals one of them is removed and placed in small holder which is mounted on the rear fork

berlinonaut

Veteran
Probably but I obviously don't have such tools nor the knowledge how to modify them.
So possibly you are just about to start to enter phase three of your Brompton relationship:

Phase 1: I bought a Brompton. It is expensive and everybody may laugh at me, but it is cool.
Phase 2: I love my Brompton but some things seem really old-school and odd to me. The makers have no clue how make a proper bike. Disappointing. I know better. I'll buy a ton of tuning parts to finally make it a proper bike that fits my needs.
Phase 3: Complexity takes over and wins: The changes I made seem to have some drawbacks. They need more changes to work properly and these will need more changes themselves as a consequence. And so on until eternity. Still confident that my changes are way more clever than the factory design.

I won't spoiler the next phases but be assured: There are more to come. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

So possibly you are just about to start to enter phase three of your Brompton relationship:

Phase 1: I bought a Brompton. It is expensive and everybody may laugh at me, but it is cool.
Phase 2: I love my Brompton but some things seem really old-school and odd to me. The makers have no clue how make a proper bike. Disappointing. I know better. I'll buy a ton of tuning parts to finally make it a proper bike that fits my needs.
Phase 3: Complexity takes over and wins: The changes I made seem to have some drawbacks. They need more changes to work properly and these will need more changes themselves as a consequence. And so on until eternity. Still confident that my changes are way more clever than the factory design.

I won't spoiler the next phases but be assured: There are more to come. ;)

Phase 1 and 2 have nothing to do with me. I just don't give a heck what others think. I also think it's an awesome bike out of factory. Phase 3 is ongoing with me for everything I own. I do believe that everything can be improved. And I'm happy I've ordered MKS pedals because those for me are much more comfortable than stock ones. Even though Aceoffix adaptor doesn't lock on, it still holds the pedal which is good enough for me, so no further modifications there is required.

ExBrit

Über Member
Phase 1 and 2 have nothing to do with me. I just don't give a heck what others think. I also think it's an awesome bike out of factory. Phase 3 is ongoing with me for everything I own. I do believe that everything can be improved. And I'm happy I've ordered MKS pedals because those for me are much more comfortable than stock ones. Even though Aceoffix adaptor doesn't lock on, it still holds the pedal which is good enough for me, so no further modifications there is required.
When you own a 3D printer, everything is upgradable.
Can't find a combination Wahoo and GoPro mount that holds them both the right way up? No problem.
IMG_20211004_083101800.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

Eerder Metaal have finally released magnetic pedal holder specifically for MKS EZY Superior pedals. Here it is installed.

For those few of us who uses Superior version it’s probably the only solution available mountable on rear fork.

347AB1DF-BE5C-44B6-9053-B7226A6E03E3.jpeg

91A4C8AC-C4C2-4898-846D-FD11144EDE0D.jpeg

7CEC2E55-3816-469F-838E-2122186882E2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CEBEP

Odd, I have a cheap clip in holder on my rear fork that I ordered off the Bay for a couple of quid. It locks my Ezy Superiors fine.

Could you share a link to the adaptor you’ve ordered? I couldn’t find an alternative on Aliexpress at time.

Top Bottom