Moan: Too many receipts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Or they have been trained to offer unecessary help. I was in Morrisons a while back and the lad said "Would you like any help packing?" and I looked at my ready open rucksack, and my one pack of bread rolls and one piece of cheese and thought "How feeble does he think I am?" I mean, I managed to carry the stuff to the checkout without help... But I know it's just been drummed into them, and if they were caught not offering, they'd probably get in trouble... It's not high on the list of world troubles I know, but it is irritating...

Agreed...I'm, compared to a good proportion of shoppers, fit and healthy. Does the till operator even consider.. , oh sod it...there's no logic in it, theyre just trained to ask. I politely decline :rolleyes:

Trillian

most pubs will do a receipt when you order food, kind of sensible for when it doesn't arrive / the wrong item arrives

also stops the dumb ass from giving your meal to the wrong table and then claiming that it's been served to you.

bonj2

Don't ever get a trolley full if you're on your own, or even if you're not for that matter. It's only a pain in the arse trying to get it all out the car, or else you have to leave some bags in the boot and go back for them.
Far better to only buy what you know you're going to eat in the next day or two. For me, that's usually about pound or two of meat, sometimes potatoes, bit of bacon, couple of dozen eggs, bread, milk, sometimes coffee, muesli, and that's it. You're presumably also going to need a few tins of beans for your kids, but nothing you can't fit in one bag.

Top Bottom