Mobile phone gurus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Morning all

My old Samsung S2 finally died the other day so I dug up an old Nokia 6300. I quite like its stocky small no nonsense build and it hardly needs charging all the time like my old S2. I wondered if I could get something similar to the 6300 with a bit more memory and wifi capability. Dont care how old it is really.

Anybody got any ideas ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I use a Samsung GT-B2710. Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, so ideal for a cyclist. 4 or 5 weeks between battery charges. Very basic internet access if you need it in an emergency, and Bluetooth so it'll connect to the car etc. It takes Micro SD cards so can store hundreds of albums worth of music, and it has a competent, if not exciting, camera. I love it.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/72427-samsung-solid-immerse-gt-b2710-review

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You're in luck. Nokia has revived the old 3310 which you may remember.
Nokia-3310-Warm-Red-front.jpg

Limited internet facilities but long battery life. Bit of info here:
https://www.wired.com/2017/02/nokia-new-phones-3310/

You would soon miss all the mod cons of a smart phone

Its cos he iz a drug dealer!!

According to the "Police Camera Interceptor Dog Squad" programmes on the tele, only drug dealers use the non-smart phones to avoid tracking and detection

If they find one of these then you are a suspect, and if (like me) you have two phones, it is even more suspicious as one has to be for your nefarious crimes, and the other for personal use

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its cos he iz a drug dealer!!

According to the "Police Camera Interceptor Dog Squad" programmes on the tele, only drug dealers use the non-smart phones to avoid tracking and detection

If they find one of these then you are a suspect, and if (like me) you have two phones, it is even more suspicious as one has to be for your nefarious crimes, and the other for personal use

Or dodgy bikes

Lonestar

Veteran
You would soon miss all the mod cons of a smart phone

I don't but then again I don't spend all day staring at it.Battery lasts quite well on mine.Generally got 90%+ battery by the time I get home from a shift.(without having to charge it at work)

Top Bottom