Mobile phone web browsing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
depends on where you are- if you're using wifi- small possibility it could be a yes but if you're using 3g signal then a no as it's dependent on phone stuff- such as signal and phone provider coverage.

did you get a posh new phone? I like your avatar by the way- is that your cat?

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Hi tt, I'm wondering if I do get the shiny new phone will it be any good on any network, or does each network have a better browsing experience? Will probably get it some time later this week unless I hear bad things about the Tesco network in regards to web browsing.

No it's not my cat, but it looks a lot like her
thumbsup.png
I'm trying to scare Speicher
wink.gif

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
do some googling- giff gaff that I mentioned before tags onto o2 network. I've heard 3 are rubbish. See what you can dig out from the tinternet.

My cat (also mainly all black) had his balls removed yesterday (coff) and was blissed out last night --tried to post some photos but they didn't seem to be working! Cats...you've got to love them!

It is generally the quality of the signal (how many bars) and what type of signal (3g,HDSPA, EDGE etc.) that dictate how fast browsing is.
For example, I can have a full 5 bars but not have 'H' or '3G' highlighted and browsing is slow, but if my phone can get a '3G' signal, then it is pretty fast.

Unfortunately for me, I can only get 3g in my back garden...but my phone can use the computer wifi network at home so still browses quickly in the front garden anyway.

If that helps...

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
It all helps 2loose
thumbsup.png
I have had mobiles for years but never really used them for internet, apart from checking the footie scores whilst on the golf course on a Saturday afternoon
biggrin.gif

tt- I've heard a lot of bad things about the '3' network too, as for cats and the lopping off of balls, when my boy cat was done he came home really wobbly from the anaesthetic but still managed to stagger his way to the food bowl albeit in a very comical fashion, wish I had a vid of it
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 16

Dan B

Disengaged member
tt- I've heard a lot of bad things about the '3' network too,
Recently, or longer ago? They used to have very poor coverage, but allegedly they've invested in that quite significantly, and they seem to be one of the few mobile telcos who are making the right noises about roaming charges, internet, etc.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Recently, or longer ago? They used to have very poor coverage, but allegedly they've invested in that quite significantly, and they seem to be one of the few mobile telcos who are making the right noises about roaming charges, internet, etc.

A while ago to be fair, think it was on Watchdog or something similar, just stuck in my mind as a network to avoid.

Norm

tt- I've heard a lot of bad things about the '3' network too
I've been on 3 for about 5 years. Love it.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Hi tt, I'm wondering if I do get the shiny new phone will it be any good on any network, or does each network have a better browsing experience? Will probably get it some time later this week unless I hear bad things about the Tesco network in regards to web browsing.

No it's not my cat, but it looks a lot like her
thumbsup.png
I'm trying to scare Speicher
wink.gif

You and whose army? :rolleyes:

Takes much more than that to scare me!

The one with the big trousers was more frightening. ;)

Top Bottom