Moderators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
It is not unreasonable to want to be able to post on an issue without risk of unprovoked personal attacks from banned people registering specifically to do this.

It seems you are happier to mix with the trolls than the regulars given this response.

Debate is about bringing about opposing views. There is no quicker way of killing this concept than banning anyone for proffering a different one!

Stop speculating idly as to who people are. If you suspect a poster is a banned user, report the post, shut up and give the mods a chance to look into it. In the meantime this morning, you've been extremely rude to Telesonic99, made the obligatory snide dig at Dellzeqq (water off a duck's back, Linf, even if he could see it), called me an idiot (water/duck again), and are now being gratuitously rude to the mods, who indulge you a lot more than you deserve.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
It is not unreasonable to want to be able to post on an issue without risk of unprovoked personal attacks from banned people registering specifically to do this.

It seems you are happier to mix with the trolls than the regulars given this response.

Debate is about bringing about opposing views. There is no quicker way of killing this concept than banning anyone for proffering a different one!

Stop speculating idly as to who people are. If you suspect a poster is a banned user, report the post, shut up and give the mods a chance to look into it. In the meantime this morning, you've been extremely rude to Telesonic99, made the obligatory snide dig at Dellzeqq (water off a duck's back, Linf, even if he could see it), called me an idiot (water/duck again), and are now being gratuitously rude to the mods, who indulge you a lot more than you deserve.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:

OP
OP
V

very-near

theclaud said:

Not like me to state the obvious, but the mods are well aware of my concerns regarding Telesonic/spindrift as they obviously read the thread before moving it to 101
The way I see it is that a forum is the sum of its membership, not the team who moderate it. Have you ever heard of the saying 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'!.

You don't have to open my threads if you don't want to interact with me, and you are equally sharp with your responses to me or anyone else here you disagree with Claudine.

How can I insult Dell boy if he can't even read what I post xx(

OP
OP
V

very-near

theclaud said:

Not like me to state the obvious, but the mods are well aware of my concerns regarding Telesonic/spindrift as they obviously read the thread before moving it to 101
The way I see it is that a forum is the sum of its membership, not the team who moderate it. Have you ever heard of the saying 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater'!.

You don't have to open my threads if you don't want to interact with me, and you are equally sharp with your responses to me or anyone else here you disagree with Claudine.

How can I insult Dell boy if he can't even read what I post :ohmy:

OP
OP
V

very-near

theclaud said:

How can I insult Dell boy if he can't even read what I post :biggrin:

I have to say Linf - and I wasn't going to bring this up - mine has been one of the few voices raised in support of you during recent discussions in the mods forum. I've been trying to point out that I don't think you're a troll, and that you don't deserve to have every thread hijacked or moved to 101. However, starting thinly disguised threads about speeding while pretending to post about commercial radio is not helping your cause at all and is making me look like a bit of an idiot for supporting you in the first place. As a friendly warning from someone who actually believes you do have a valid contribution to make to CC, can I suggest that you stop making contentious posts for a bit and perhaps post something about cycling instead?

I have to say Linf - and I wasn't going to bring this up - mine has been one of the few voices raised in support of you during recent discussions in the mods forum. I've been trying to point out that I don't think you're a troll, and that you don't deserve to have every thread hijacked or moved to 101. However, starting thinly disguised threads about speeding while pretending to post about commercial radio is not helping your cause at all and is making me look like a bit of an idiot for supporting you in the first place. As a friendly warning from someone who actually believes you do have a valid contribution to make to CC, can I suggest that you stop making contentious posts for a bit and perhaps post something about cycling instead?

OP
OP
V

very-near

Rhythm Thief said:

I'm grateful for your input and I have recognised its balance RT.

Seeing the subject through my eyes this morning (and the reason I posted it). I'm driving along a road behind a van which doesn't seem to be really with it, but doing everything which the road safety campaigners would approve of and at a speed well below either its vehicular limit or the NSL. The music finishes on the radio and straight away, I get bombarded with 'kill your speed, not a child'. The van then runs a red light on a road which carries a lot of cyclists (relatively speaking) and I'm thinking that the focus is really in the wrong place. Th van driver could have been tired or drunk, or just a chancer. Either way, I felt the ridiculous irony in timing was note worthy.
A work colleague of an old school mate killed a driver on this very junciton 25 years ago by running a red light so I feel fairly strongly about this point of issue as he robbed a family of a man minding his own business, and spent 12 months in a young offenders institution for a moment of madness.

Rather than discussing the merits of inattentive driver's of 3.5 tonne vans running red lights on busy junctions, people seem more interested in making a personal dig which I felt was out of order because I dared to mention BRAKE and caused the thread to go well off topic.

My opinion is that whilst speeding is an issue (most certainly inappropriate speed), it is not the primary cause of serious accidents, but bad timing and impatientness is (which is a result of bad timing)

As this viewpoint doesn't fit the 'mainstream' view, there are plenty here who will jump in and deliberately spoiled the thread to suppress it. Democracy at work eh :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time and advice anyway RT - and can you sort out spindrift whilst you are there as well please xx(

OP
OP
V

very-near

Rhythm Thief said:

Seeing the subject through my eyes this morning (and the reason I posted it). I'm driving along a road behind a van which doesn't seem to be really with it, but doing everything which the road safety campaigners would approve of and at a speed well below either its vehicular limit or the NSL. The music finishes on the radio and straight away, I get bombarded with 'kill your speed, not a child'. The van then runs a red light on a road which carries a lot of cyclists (relatively speaking) and I'm thinking that the focus is really in the wrong place. Th van driver could have been tired or drunk, or just a chancer. Either way, I felt the ridiculous irony in timing was note worthy.
A work colleague of an old school mate killed a driver on this very junciton 25 years ago by running a red light so I feel fairly strongly about this point of issue as he robbed a family of a man minding his own business, and spent 12 months in a young offenders institution for a moment of madness.

Rather than discussing the merits of inattentive driver's of 3.5 tonne vans running red lights on busy junctions, people seem more interested in making a personal dig which I felt was out of order because I dared to mention BRAKE and caused the thread to go well off topic.

My opinion is that whilst speeding is an issue (most certainly inappropriate speed), it is not the primary cause of serious accidents, but bad timing and impatientness is (which is a result of bad timing)

As this viewpoint doesn't fit the 'mainstream' view, there are plenty here who will jump in and deliberately spoiled the thread to suppress it. Democracy at work eh :biggrin:

Thanks for your time and advice anyway RT - and can you sort out spindrift whilst you are there as well please :evil:

OP
OP
V

very-near

Rhythm Thief said:

As this viewpoint doesn't fit the 'mainstream' view, there are plenty here who will jump in and deliberately spoiled the thread to suppress it. Democracy at work eh :laugh:

Thanks for your time and advice anyway RT - and can you sort out spindrift whilst you are there as well please :biggrin:

Top Bottom