Moment of fame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kirstie said:
The TV series I've been working on for the last six months or so just won an Emmy...

Oohh! :smile: You have to tell us more Kirstie!

Me? Oh I've definitely not been in the Sun three times! :smile:

magnatom said:
Oohh! :smile: You have to tell us more Kirstie!

The series was called 'Virtual revolution' - it was about the impact of the internet on our lives for the last 40 years. It won the 'digital programme - non fiction' emmy - it was announced last week, although they've got the title wrong on their website. They used the old title ' digital revolution'. I worked on programmes 3 and 4, 3 in particular.

Kirstie said:
The series was called 'Virtual revolution' - it was about the impact of the internet on our lives for the last 40 years. It won the 'digital programme - non fiction' emmy - it was announced last week, although they've got the title wrong on their website. They used the old title ' digital revolution'. I worked on programmes 3 and 4, 3 in particular.

Well done! :smile:

I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Myself and Mrs SJ went to see Question Time once and the bloke in front of us asked a question. We had about two minutes airtime.

And I saw myself on Match of The Day when there was a fight at West Ham and my cousin was dragged out of the crowd by the police.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In 1995 I was in Spain to Watch Chelsea play Zaragoza in the European Cup Winner Cup. Well as you do when a huge amount of travelling supporters get together I consumed a fair amount of alcohol . Watched the game.. we lost.:smile:.. next morning woke up.. went to brekkie at a cafe round the corner from the hotel. A spanish chap starting talking to/at me.. of course my Spanish is zero.. he went and got a newspaper.. and yep.. there I was... in full colour on the back page. Stripped to the waist... beer in one hand, Chelsea flag in the other.. (and of course I have a fair amount of my body tattooed). The headline translated as "Drunk Tattooed Chelsea Hooligans Inavade Zaragoza".. hmmmph! I mean the cheek of it.. hooligan? Me? The way I was stewed I couldn't even hold my beer bottle without dropping it let alone have a ruck...:smile::laugh: I still have the paper...

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Gerry Attrick said:
Please post pictures Buggi. Post no good without!:blush:

ComedyPilot said:
Nevermind John effin Terry...............where's the pic of Buggi's boob?

Smokin Joe said:
Come on Buggi, we're all waiting with the tissues...:laugh::tongue::tongue:

LOL.. i'm sure i've still got it somewhere... i'll have to dig it out and scan it in... NOT! :smile:

I made the cover of a toy box ...

4307037129_52f279be91_b.jpg

Anthony

I was on magic fm's mystery voices competition, sadly i didn't win anything.

My cricket team was interviewed on Meridian news.

I invented the barcode.

(One of those is a lie!)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We were working on a low energy housing scheme a long time ago in the east of England. The local paper came to do a feature, and wanted a photo of a couple of boffins in front of it. The journalist was not happy. We did not quite fit the bill, so he handed us a piece of paper, and told us to look as though it was a serious piece of data that we were studying. We did OK with the photo shoot.

On the back of the piece of paper was a "stick man" that his three year old daughter had scribbled, and it came out clearly when the photo was published the next day.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have been featured in various newspapers over the years for my charity work.
I have had pictures published in various different publications over the years.

I hold the somewhat dubious distinction of being the very last member of the public to ride on a class 303 (Glasgow Blue Train) under it's own power at Yoker Depot.

I shook hands with Tony Blair once and spoken with Cherie (a much larger dubious distinction, I know) and the Queen has walked within touching distance of me. I think she was so overcome with being so close to a major superstar and fashion icon like me to be honest with you!!
I once saw Paddy Ashdown skip along a street in London with who I presume must have been his Grand Daughter.

I have met various famous and interesting people such as Simon Weston, Desmond Llewellyn, Noel Fielding (The Mighty Boosh) and Simon ...thingy (I can't remember his name currently) who was one of the two who got into trouble of Sulla Grande and were later immortalised in the film 'Touching The Void'.
I see Pete Waterman all the time at railway things. I have never sang at him and I never will.

And, most importantly of all, I have met the woman who played Eadie Mcready in Ballymory!! :thumbsup:

There is a picture of me in the Scottish Edition of the Metro as I played Curling on the frozen Lake of Menteith earlier this year. I am merely a brush weilding sillouette surrounded with the stones.

I have driven commuter trains in Poland.

I can smell Thunder and Lightning.

I can flip my vision so I can see everything in black and white.

....Oh wait, this is meant to be a 'Moment of fame' thread. Annyway, who cares??
.....I was the lucky git who photographed Buggi's t*ts.
Immediately afterwards, I had a nosebleed that lasted for well over an hour and was oddly impressive. I went to the local hospital when I started to feel a bit woosey!

I have seen all of my blood whizz by my head before (not all at the same time obviously!) as it was harvested in a big centrifuge thingy so that they could take excess white blood cells away (White blood cells are just creamy red in case you are wondering).
It might not be a moment of fame, but I did get to see/meet all of my blood as it unceremoniously sloshed past in a tube.

One of these is a lie. :tongue::laugh:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
buggi said:
Going on from Arch being a covergirl and on wikipedia... what moments of fame have you had?

I once went on a hen night and ended up in the er... Ahem... Daily Star! ... with my boob out. :tongue: :thumbsup: :bravo:Ooops. Well i didn't know the guy with the camera was from a newspaper!

It surprised me just how many people read the daily star. Had people phoning me up all day.

another 'classy' night out was it?

I was having post work drinks with a kids TV presenter and was asked by someone if they "needed" my autograph :thumbsup:. They went through the talent getting piccies and executive producer etc and then moved round to the technical staff.I said no.

I've just got back from Stoke where I ws doing a photo shoot for the launch of the Tour of Britain with two actors from Hollyoaks. Don't ask me who they are, I think one is called Nicole.

Top Bottom