Moment of fame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've been asked for my autograph* twice ... I wrote a book once (academia - education) which sells reasonably well and it was on sale at a conference I was at. I felt oddly uncomfortable at being asked :smile:

*(i.e. to sign a copy of the book, and dedicate it to whoever)

ChrisKH

Guru
Absolutely nothing.

I bump into famous people all the time (Dean Macey on Saturday; my youngest stopped him getting into his car) but that's about it.

My brother's ex-wife was a centre page spread in the News of The World for being the strumpet who run off with the Oxford Town Crier and destroyed his marriage. That's about as close and tenuous as it gets.

Even my 7 year old son has been on the front page of the local rag, demonstrating against the demolition of a local paddling pool. My two brothers got on it when they were about the same age because they happened to be looking out over the Estuary when photographers turned up to do a piece on fishermen/ragworm diggers being drowned in the Thames. But I remain largely incognito.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was on the front page of the Bury Times, fire-breathing at a Round Table fireworks display but actually failing to light the bonfire because it was legging down with rain.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Kirstie said:
The series was called 'Virtual revolution' - it was about the impact of the internet on our lives for the last 40 years. It won the 'digital programme - non fiction' emmy - it was announced last week, although they've got the title wrong on their website. They used the old title ' digital revolution'. I worked on programmes 3 and 4, 3 in particular.
Oh, I watched all 4 episodes - I found it quite an interesting series.

al78

Guru
Back in September 2008 I appeared on BBC News 24 answering questions about Hurricane Gustav's landfall just to the west of New Orleans.

Thankfully, my prediction that the levees would hold this time came true B).

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
meeting famous people doesn't count. it has to be YOUR moment of fame.

MacB said:
....Oh wait, this is meant to be a 'Moment of fame' thread. Annyway, who cares??
.....I was the lucky git who photographed Buggi's t*ts.
:sad::laugh:

you still haven't paid me.

User76 said:
Since reading this, I have been imagining Buggi with one huge Cycloptic boob in the middle of her chest:ohmy:

It's been a disturbing image for the whole weekend:blush:

i can assure you that i have two, just one had "popped" out.

Smokin Joe said:
Of course we wouldn't expect you to post a picture of your exposed boob on an open forum, Buggi.

But in a PM to a few "Trusted Friends", maybe...:ohmy::ohmy:;):biggrin:

I'll see what i can do.

Yes... a classy night out! i've got boring since then.

looe

Dayvo said:
I appeared in two TV and cinema commercials for Norwegian Telecom in Norway that were aired for six weeks in 1993.

And I appeared in a full-page ad (fully clothed) for Swedish Telia in all the Swedish newspapers, for three weeks in 1999.

Then I slipped back into obscurity again! :laugh:

Was that you !!!!!!!!!! Jag tyckte val att han sag norsk ut !!!!!!!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
buggi said:
meeting famous people doesn't count. it has to be YOUR moment of fame.

Yes, but EADIE MCREADIE!!! :laugh:

Ok then, every year I have my picture in the Sports Section of the local rag as I am a member of the local Curling club (If the club actually got match results published I'd be a local sports STUPERSTAR!!
Or something like that).

Me?? on the Sports pages?? shurely shome mishtake!! (I'm oddly proud of that, even if it is only the local paper as I was sh*t at PE when at school!!
I was the kid with brain damage, so I was never quick enough see).

you still haven't paid me.

I will next time I see you

i can assure you that i have two, just one had "popped" out.

I can testify to this!! :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And if that isn't good enough, myself, my Mum and Bruno, one of our dogs have been in the paper before.

We were at a Funday at our local SSPCA Cat and Dog Home at Milton (SSPCA being the Scottish equivalent of the RSPCA) where poor Bruno had been an inmate for over 3 months before we found him.

Also, talking of my Mum, she has been in the paper dressed up in a Zebedee Costume before as part of a photoshoot with me after we raised money for The Anthony Bone Marrow Trust (We regularly did it at one point (raise money I mean), but still, a lifesize Zebedee costume was, all the same, pretty bizzarre, and it did look slightly disconcerting!!
The Magic Roundabout characters were their mascots at the time see!).

I have since done a lot of work for Clic Sargent, but if you are willing, The Anthony Bone Marrow Trusts do a charity bike ride every year from Glasgow to Balloch and back (optional).
This bike ride was the source of many of the photoshoots as I was the local boy with Leukaemia who still raised money for charity (I say that in the sense of a newspaper story, except for all the nauseating and predictable bits about 'how brave I was!'.
Me? brave?? what an utter shower of sh*te!! I, just as anyone else would, got on with it!).

longers

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I get asked to sign copies of my band's CDs sometimes, and occasionally I get recognised in pubs even when I'm not with the rest of the band and we're not playing there.

Is the "hands" project still going ahead? That might be my moment of fame.

Top Bottom