MoneySaving tips for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Martin Lewis' MoneySavingExpert website now has an article on how cyclists can save money (after reading the title, I wondered about the author's prior knowledge - cycling? cheap? :laugh: )

It includes a few good points. At the end of the article, it has a link to the MSE forum where they are asking what people think about the article and if there's any other tips people can offer to improve the article.

There are plenty of links in the article for everything from GCN to Cycle To Work, etc.

It looks like the author is a member of Cycling UK though, but does link BC.

Amac

I am sure I read somewhere, that the government had plans to give out a small “grant” for bike maintenance.
Has anyone seen any updates on that?
I have done so many miles on my hybrid in the last few months, it’s getting worn out :smile:

Slick

Guru
I am sure I read somewhere, that the government had plans to give out a small “grant” for bike maintenance.
I have done so many miles on my hybrid in the last few months, it’s getting worn out :smile:
It says in the linked article that a 50 quid grant is to be awarded to cyclists for bike maintenance but it's still unclear who exactly is eligible or how it will work.

OP
OP
LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The latest was it'd come at the end of the month. Personally, I doubt it'll ever come as it was more likely a soundbite promise than a reality.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have to say the maintenance grant idea sounds nonsense. It'll surely cost far to administer than any conceivable benefit.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fix it yourself :okay:

or if you’re an NHS worker, you may be able to get discounts via local bike shops

Last edited:

rivers

How far can I go?
Money saving tips for cyclists? Buy a car! :okay:
I was thinking disconnect your internet connection

DRM

Guru
Money saving tip for cyclists, pack it in it will cost You a fortune regardless, n+1, fancy clothing, clip less pedals & shoes, then the next thing you know it’s oooh that Colnago/Pinarello/S-Works etc doesn’t look bad with it’s lovely electronic groupset, arranging family holidays in prime cycling spots, next thing you know your a cycling junkie

Top Bottom