Monsoon season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
I've just realised why it's the lead item on the news - it's affecting southern England.

That's a little harsh....it was lead story on the news when it flooded up north as well. But I suspect we'll hear more about it this time...

Peyote

Just finished bailing out the patio, it had started to encroach into our conservatory (small lean-to job). Had to pull the carpet up in there and move some furniture. Judging by the pics. on the news we got away lightly.

BTW, I'm on the Surrey Hants border and it's been beautiful sunshine this afternoon after a morning of silly torrential rain!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Just rescued daughter #2 from her friend's house (Now cut off). Had to imrovise my route as many spots were impassable due to the depth of the flooding. But I HAD to drive thro' waist high water where a torrent was flowing over the road due to a wee stream bursting out all over. Bit scary that was.

Just can't recall anything like this ever

yenrod

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Just rescued daughter #2 from her friend's house (Now cut off). Had to imrovise my route as many spots were impassable due to the depth of the flooding. But I HAD to drive thro' waist high water where a torrent was flowing over the road due to a wee stream bursting out all over. Bit scary that was.

Just can't recall anything like this ever

Neither can I either !

gbb

Legendary Member
We used to have a Cablevision channel giving you the local weather ...minute by minute almost.
I can only remember a few occasions when we got 2 inches of rain in a day, and that was a fookin lot of rain...let alone the 4 inches they're talking about in some areas today :tongue:

It turns out Brize Norton, about 15mls away from here, had 118mm /~4.75 in of rain...

One welcome outcome was that our pond topped up, after several weeks of evaporating - so the frogs are happy, and the leeches (no doubt).

longers

Legendary Member
We've avoided it here on the outskirts of Royston Vasey. We've only been having normal rain.

Top Bottom