Montage's fixed bike project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Typical isn't it - you order black tyres and they friggin' well send blue ones.

To add insult to injury looks like they have sent 2 front tyres, instead of 1 front and 1 rear :sad:
You'll have to send em back Monty!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
No real plans for more blue parts as this is still being done on a budget - I also think you need to be careful not to overdo it. Too many different shades of blue will look naff. I'm hoping the wheels will pop through the postbox sometime this morning. I really should sort out the seatpost in the mean time.... need to double check whether I need a 25mm or a 25.2mm post though - fingers crossed it is 25.2

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
arrived this morning!
They'll be on the bike soon
WHEELS001.jpg

WHEELS002.jpg

WHEELS003.jpg

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
cabel along the top tube needs sorting out. Need to move the chainset inwards as well as the chain line is crap. Hopefully I have a shorter axel which will do the job

fixed005.jpg

fixed001.jpg

fixed002.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
It was just the one which was with the bike beforehand (used with a double chainset), so definately too big

Yep that would be it When I converted mine from a double I used this the good old UN54 68-110 which gave me a perfect chainline but of course that would depend on whether your chainset is square taper and that you have a non Italian frame. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17473

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
replaced axel with a shorter one and tried to move the sprocket out as far as I could...not much joy

chainline001.jpg

4F, reckon that BB you linked will do the job then? Guess there isn't much else I can try anyway....I assume I would need the 68-107mm?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
replaced axel with a shorter one and tried to move the sprocket out as far as I could...not much joy

4F, reckon that BB you linked will do the job then? Guess there isn't much else I can try anyway....I assume I would need the 68-107mm?

The diifference between the 68-107 compared to the 68-110 is on the non drive side so you could use either. For some reason the 68-110 is cheaper ?

From memory Porky Pete and Dudi both from here used the same BB

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
The diifference between the 68-107 compared to the 68-110 is on the non drive side so you could use either. For some reason the 68-110 is cheaper ?

From memory Porky Pete and Dudi both from here used the same BB

Cheers, sounds good. What tools do I need to install this BB?
This project is getting more expensive every second!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Cheers for the offer 4F, but I've just opened the lidl tool kit (which I bought for my dad and brother for this christmas hohoho) and there is a tool in there which looks like it does the job - they won't notice if I give it a little clean afterwards! Thanks 4F, you've been a great help - I'll give you a shout if my tool doesn't do the job.

LBS wanted £25 for the BB and £15 to fit it! pffffft.

Top Bottom