More cycling infrastructure plans for mid-Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It does sound interesting and I think it is much-needed. I rode there recently and the only signposted routes from Truro I found were small lanes shared with ratrunners and a steep climb in an industrial estate up onto a rather rough and lumpy old railway trail out southwards - things got easier once I left the signposted route for what looked on the map like former routes of main roads.

I think there were cycleways out along the A390 which stopped at the first village with no obvious continuation towards the Eden Project. So it seems much-needed to a visitor like me.

But I hope someone can have a word that these need to be built as small motor-free roads, not "off-road" as described on that page, and constructed to decent all-weather standards.

It does sound interesting and I think it is much-needed. I rode there recently and the only signposted routes from Truro I found were small lanes shared with ratrunners and a steep climb in an industrial estate up onto a rather rough and lumpy old railway trail out southwards - things got easier once I left the signposted route for what looked on the map like former routes of main roads.

I think there were cycleways out along the A390 which stopped at the first village with no obvious continuation towards the Eden Project. So it seems much-needed to a visitor like me.

But I hope someone can have a word that these need to be built as small motor-free roads, not "off-road" as described on that page, and constructed to decent all-weather standards.
Agreed.

There's a few freight railway branches in Cornwall which have an uncertain future, mostly used for the (shrinking) china clay industry. I hope Cornwall Council has a beady eye on them should they ever become available. Linking the Camel Trail with the Fowey Branch would be a particularly appetising prospect...

Top Bottom