More eBay fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
This is the 700c track fork that arrived today with my tubular front wheel. Something's wrong...

Attachments

• 20200608_193850.jpg
    20200608_193850.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200608_193854.jpg
    20200608_193854.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200608_193859.jpg
    20200608_193859.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

midlife

Guru
That's a big tyre :smile:

Clearly thermal expansion of the spokes, rim and tyre combined with cooling contraction of the fork! Had you left them outdoors in the hot sun and the fork in liquid nitrogen? :okay:

Or, the seller just lazily copied another listing...
Or an honest mistake...

Love the bench btw^_^

midlife

Guru
Sure it’s not a 650c track fork?

From some sort of lo Pro pursuit jobby?

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Sure it’s not a 650c track fork?
That's what I think it is. The seller quoted the length of the blades as 335mm but it appears he measured to the tips, not the axle centre. 24mm for the tyre (335 - (622/2)) would have been about right - track forks do have fagpaper clearances.

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
As it would have cost a fortune to return it to Italy and I was feeling generous, I agreed to keep it for about half price. It's been on the Bay Of Thieves (with an accurate description) ever since. 650c forks are a bugger to shift! Have had enquiries from people hopeful that they can squeeze a 700c in there but no...not if you want a tyre as well.

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Finally sold! Phew.

Today, a set of Dura-Ace BB cups described as "good as new" arrived from Germany. The left one is good but the right one has a bearing race as rough as a buzzard's crutch and is useless. Seller says I should have noticed from his photos (as if you can really judge a bearing race from a photo...is that roughness or just a reflection?)

He won't let me keep just the good one (which is the hardest to find in good nick), but insists I return both for a refund. Hmmm.:wacko:

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Today's eBay muppetry is a pair of 2 x 7 Sora STI levers (rare!) which is actually a pair of 2 x 8 Sora STI levers (not rare!). The logos are long worn off and I suppose a non-expert would assume 7 clicks = 7 gears. It doesn't.

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The beauty of eBay is that you get to experience the great British public in all their rich pageantry.

Won an auction this week for something at a very good price (new but less than half usual value; the auction finished early on Sunday morning). Paid straight away.

Seller emails me saying my payment is short. That's not even possible. I send him my PayPal receipt. He complains he's missing the postage. Er...do you know about PayPal fees? He's not a n00b to eBay so this is a puzzle!

He emails back with extremely bad grace, not apologising but saying he's posting them and I am lucky.

I give objective feedback for buyers.

Top Bottom